Cities more than ever need accessible and flexible transit. Our mission is to allow communities of any size, in any place, with any resources to meet the transportation needs of their people.
The Routing Company is a fast-growing tech startup that’s making it possible for any city or community in the world to set up and run its own on-demand transit service. The technology we provide includes our Pingo (ridepingo.com) rider app, driver app, and visualization platform that are all aimed to be easily configurable by our public transit/operator partners.
We recently raised $15m and have been featured in CNBC, TechCrunch, Business Insider, Geekwire, CNN, The Verge, and BBC.
We are a mission-driven, fast-growing team including veterans in ride-sharing and high-growth startups. We value building a culture of transparency, kindness, and diversity of thought. We create equal opportunities for everyone to grow, make an impact, without forgetting to have fun!
About the role
We are looking for a high-performing and empathetic Legal Counsel to help accelerate our growth into new deployments:
- Assist with reviewing and revising customer agreements and other commercial agreements
- Review RFPs and related general terms
- Review Proposals
- Assist with employment related transactions and questions from the team
- Support equity related updates – option spreadsheet for BOD meetings; perform CARTA updates
- Support drafting and upkeep of TRC terms of service and privacy policies
- Support miscellaneous legal matters
- Support light legal administration – tracking requests for legal support, maintaining legal documentation and Drive folders, follow up on Docusign and other document execution and distribution
Who are you:
- Member of a bar
- At least 2 years practicing at a large law firm or startup
- Experience drafting and negotiating commercial contract
- At least cursory understanding of IP and technology transactions
- Some exposure to negotiating international contracts
- Strongly preferred: Experience contracting with agencies
- Preferred: Knowledge of privacy related laws and policies (GDPR)
- $100/month growth & health reimbursement
- Early and generous employee stock option plan
- Work from home flexibility
- Unlimited paid time off
- Paid family leave
- Apple laptop
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At TRC we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles. The Routing Company is an equal opportunity employer. We aim for every person at The Routing Company to feel like they matter, belong, and can be their authentic selves so they can do their best work. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.