Cities more than ever need accessible and flexible transit. Our mission is to allow communities of any size, in any place, with any resources to meet the transportation needs of their people.
The Routing Company is a fast-growing tech startup that’s making it possible for any city or community in the world to set up and run its own on-demand transit service. The technology we provide includes our Pingo (ridepingo.com) rider app, driver app, and visualization platform that are all aimed to be easily configurable by our public transit/operator partners.
We recently raised $15m and have been featured in CNBC, TechCrunch, Business Insider, Geekwire, CNN, The Verge, and BBC.
We are a mission-driven, fast-growing team including veterans in ride-sharing and high-growth startups. We value building a culture of transparency, kindness, and diversity of thought. We create equal opportunities for everyone to grow, make an impact, without forgetting to have fun!
About the Role
- Develop excellent proposal content that aligns with TRCs voice and values.
- Work closely with the Movers team to develop proposals to 90% completion according to RFP specifications.
- Work with the Builders team to ensure alignment between proposal content and TRC’s latest product and roadmap.
- Create beautiful and professional proposals that help TRC stand out.
- Lead development of interview materials and presentations for the BD leadership team
Proposal Process Management
- Check bid portals regularly to make sure TRC discovers relevant opportunities quickly.
- Ensure the Movers team complies with bid schedules and processes.
- Attend pre-proposal and post-award meetings, demos, and press events
- Integrate proposal content and themes in partnership with the Movers team.
- Report regularly to the Movers team on project status, scheduling risks, and any blockers to ensure we can meet deadlines.
- Collaborate with the Operations and Builders teams on scheduling project deliverables, promoting team processes, and creating project milestones.
- Review and solicit approval for any customized proposal strategies with the Operations and Builders teams.
Proposal Library Ownership
- Manage TRC’s proposal library, working closely with the Operations and Builders teams to ensure regular updates to reflect best practices and product alignment
- Ensure proposal library organization enables rapid proposal development (i.e. easy to use index of boilerplate language, promoting autonomy and efficiency for proposal writers)
- Collaborate with the marketing team to ensure timely integration of new materials/aesthetics into proposals
- Monitor customer success stories and incorporate case studies into the proposal library.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2+ years of relevant experience
- Ability to work with and get consensus from cross-functional teams
- Extremely organized with strong attention to detail
- Desire to work in a demanding, fast-paced environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter- highly proactive with the ability to work independently with minimal guidance
- 3-4 years of experience in project management, technical writing/editing, permit/grant writing, or similar; government procurement experience
- Experience with the Google Suite and Hubspot
- Graphic design experience
- Background in transportation and/or public policy
- Experience creating accessible documents
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At TRC we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles. The Routing Company is an equal opportunity employer. We aim for every person at The Routing Company to feel like they matter, belong, and can be their authentic selves so they can do their best work. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.