Cities more than ever need accessible and flexible transit. Our mission is to allow communities of any size, in any place, with any resources to meet the transportation needs of their people.
The Routing Company is a fast-growing tech startup that’s making it possible for any city or community in the world to set up and run its own on-demand transit service. The technology we provide includes our Pingo (ridepingo.com) rider app, driver app, and visualization platform that are all aimed to be easily configurable by our public transit/operator partners.
We recently raised $15m and have been featured in CNBC, TechCrunch, Business Insider, Geekwire, CNN, The Verge, and BBC.
We are a mission-driven, fast-growing team including veterans in ride-sharing and high-growth startups. We value building a culture of transparency, kindness, and diversity of thought. We create equal opportunities for everyone to grow, make an impact, without forgetting to have fun!
About the role:
We are looking for a Solutions Consultant who is sales driven, creative, and excited to thrill prospects with captivating product demonstrations. You will be an integral part of our Business Development team, where your role will be to translate TRC’s raw product capabilities into meaningful outcomes that address the unique needs of our transit prospects. As an early employee, you'll work in an exciting, fast-paced, startup environment and will be able to grow quickly and have a large impact on the business.
You will be a key participant on the Movers team to close new business
- Act as a true collaborative partner with Business Development Managers
- Participate in and lead discovery sessions with prospective clients
- Perform custom data analysis for prospective clients and build intelligent delivery models that consider their existing state and their desired needs
- Contribute to RFP submissions by: evaluating technical checklists, describing delivery models, and liaising with the assigned Business Development Manager
- Articulate TRC’s value proposition by developing and providing presentations, product demonstrations, case studies, and relevant content
- Be an ambassador and advocate for TRC across the transit industry, including participating in industry conferences
- Travel 20% - 30% of working time, as required
You will be the product expert on the Movers team
- Act as the first resource for the Movers team for all questions about the product
- Design and present specific demos of the Pingo product to prospective clients
- Innovative new use cases of the Pingo product according to prospects’ needs
- Participate in interviews and late-stage client meetings as the product expert
- Translate Pingo’s product capabilities into meaningful client outcomes
- Become an expert in the public transportation industry
- Shape the future of our product by advocating for your industry insights
You will contribute to the success of existing customers
- Lead product implementation with new customers when the Implementation Team is at capacity
- Work with existing clients to plan expansion opportunities
This opportunity will include a product demonstration exercise as part of the interview process.
Who you are:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presenter and natural personal charisma
- Comfortable working with new technologies
- Willing to learn new things and take on new challenges
- Extremely organized with strong attention to detail
- Accustomed to working across multiple countries and time zones; embracing of cultural differences and market nuances
- Experience with the Google Suite and Hubspot
- Transportation industry and tech startup experience is preferred but not mandatory
- Background in consulting or planning is a plus
- Technical background in computer science, mathematics, engineering, or similar field is a plus
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At TRC we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles. The Routing Company is an equal opportunity employer. We aim for every person at The Routing Company to feel like they matter, belong, and can be their authentic selves so they can do their best work. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.