Cities more than ever need accessible and flexible transit. Our mission is to allow communities of any size, in any place, with any resources to meet the transportation needs of their people.
The Routing Company is a fast-growing tech startup that’s making it possible for any city or community in the world to set up and run its own on-demand transit service. The technology we provide includes our Pingo (ridepingo.com) rider app, driver app, and visualization platform that are all aimed to be easily configurable by our public transit/operator partners.
We recently raised $15m and have been featured in CNBC, TechCrunch, Business Insider, Geekwire, CNN, The Verge, and BBC.
We are a mission-driven, fast-growing team including veterans in ride-sharing and high-growth startups. We value building a culture of transparency, kindness, and diversity of thought. We create equal opportunities for everyone to grow, make an impact, without forgetting to have fun!
About the role
We are looking for a Content Marketing Manager to lead, manage, and own The Routing Company's storytelling through every medium. Reporting to the Vice President of Marketing and Policy, this is an exciting role and an opportunity to join a growing marketing team with global reach.
TL;DR: You need to be a killer communicator, a really effective project manager, and someone others want to work with.
Here's what you'll do:
- Own development, writing, and execution of content (ex. press releases, website, social media, digital newsletters, print)
- Project manage key marketing campaigns including video, online, and print (from project brief to delivery of outcomes on-time and on-budget)
- Own and manage the content calendar, and generate content/copy that builds TRC's trust and reputation
- Build and maintain TRC's brand, tone, and voice across all global markets
- Lead development of key internal and external communications (ex. keynotes, statements, team updates)
- Create external marketing materials (ex. brochures and trade show supports) and own/manage the content library
- Build, test, and scale creative marketing campaigns to hit our marketing goals
- Own relationships and engagement with external marketing partners and suppliers
- Support the sales and business development team through content review and development
- Support the policy team in development of key advocacy materials (ex. handouts and talk points)
- Work cross-functionally with internal (operations, business development, and product) teams and external groups (customers) to support in-market activities
Who are you
Here's the kind of person we'd like to add to the team (...but don't count yourself out if you don't check all the boxes):
- An exceptionally strong writer with impressive verbal/in-person communication skills
- Someone who understands how to tailor communications to different audiences
- Familiar and experienced in working with basic website, social, email, and content management platforms
- A highly organized and effective project manager, able to proactively manage multiple budgets and deadlines, and manage up/down as needed
- An experienced marketer or content developer with three (or more) years of relevant experience
- Someone who thinks three steps ahead and always has recommendations ready
- Relentless with proper spelling, grammar, formatting, and presentation
- Self-motivated and able to work and lead with a high degree of autonomy; enjoys remote/flex working arrangement
- Accustomed to working across multiple countries and time zones; embracing of cultural differences and market nuances
- Comfortable in a fast-changing, high-growth, not-always-defined-by-rules environment where each day is not the same
- Experienced and able to work with (and respect) all levels of an organization, including executive teams and frontline operators
- Comfortable with other duties as assigned; embraces the startup atmosphere where all hands are intermittently needed for special projects
- Eager to learn and grow, and receptive to regular feedback, stretch assignments, and coaching
- Excited about what we are building, and the positive impact it will have on the world and its communities
- Transportation industry and tech startup experience is preferred but not mandatory
- Medical insurance: 100% employer-paid premiums for self and dependents
- Dental and vision insurance
- Health FSA + dependent care FSA
- 401k through Guideline
- Apple computer
- Unlimited paid time off
- Work from home flexibility
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Public Transit commuter subsidy
- $100 monthly balance & growth contribution
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At TRC we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles. The Routing Company is an equal opportunity employer. We aim for every person at The Routing Company to feel like they matter, belong, and can be their authentic selves so they can do their best work. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.