Cities more than ever need accessible and flexible transit. Our mission is to allow communities of any size, in any place, with any resources to meet the transportation needs of their people.
The Routing Company is a fast-growing tech startup that’s making it possible for any city or community in the world to set up and run its own on-demand transit service. The technology we provide includes our Pingo (ridepingo.com) rider app, driver app, and visualization platform that are all aimed to be easily configurable by our public transit/operator partners.
We recently raised $15m and have been featured in CNBC, TechCrunch, Business Insider, Geekwire, CNN, The Verge, and BBC.
We are a mission-driven, fast-growing team including veterans in ride-sharing and high-growth startups. We value building a culture of transparency, kindness, and diversity of thought. We create equal opportunities for everyone to grow, make an impact, without forgetting to have fun!
About the role
This is an exciting role where you will have the autonomy to build, test and scale our core operations from the ground up. We are looking for a high-performing and empathetic Market Operations Manager to:
- Own the operational health for US markets. Be the expert on what is driving metrics and what can be done to improve them
- Build, test and scale operational initiatives to improve fleet efficiency and market health
- Use data to drive strategic decisions across operations and product (SQL, Google Sheets)
- Investigate routing decisions and the effects of new product releases on the market
- Automate processes and find opportunities to help us efficiently scale
- Run support for your markets, triage bugs, collect trends and feed insights to Product, Partner Success Managers and the broader team
- Update support playbooks to increase customer self-serve and drive down our cost to resolve
- Expand our market data dashboards and market health alerting
- Join customer meetings and support Partner Success Managers with operational solutions to improve the service
- Work cross-functionally with product on customer feedback and new product features
Who are you
- 3+ years of operational experience in a high-growth startup or consulting position
- Analytically minded, capable of data analysis in SQL and Excel/Google Sheets
- Technically savvy, able to pick up new tools quickly and comfortable troubleshooting and diagnosing problems
- Excellent communicator who is customer-centered
- Curious and enjoys solving complex problems creatively
- Self-starter with a history of taking ownership of projects
- Has a love for learning and prioritizes personal growth
- Leads with empathy and transparency
- Extremely organized and comfortable with managing simultaneous projects
- Excited about what we are building and the positive impact it will have on the world
- Medical insurance: 100% employer-paid premiums for self and dependents
- Dental & vision insurance
- Health FSA + dependent care FSA
- 401k through Guideline
- Apple computer
- Unlimited paid time off
- Work from home flexibility
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Public Transit commuter subsidy
- $100 monthly balance & growth contribution
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At TRC we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles. The Routing Company is an equal opportunity employer. We aim for every person at The Routing Company to feel like they matter, belong, and can be their authentic selves so they can do their best work. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.