Cities more than ever need accessible and flexible transit. Our mission is to allow communities of any size, in any place, with any resources to meet the transportation needs of their people.
The Routing Company is a fast-growing tech startup that’s making it possible for any city or community in the world to set up and run its own on-demand transit service. The technology we provide includes our Pingo (ridepingo.com) rider app, driver app, and visualization platform that are all aimed to be easily configurable by our public transit/operator partners.
We recently raised $15m and have been featured in CNBC, TechCrunch, Business Insider, Geekwire, CNN, The Verge, and BBC.
We are a mission-driven, fast-growing team including veterans in ride-sharing and high-growth startups. We value building a culture of transparency, kindness, and diversity of thought. We create equal opportunities for everyone to grow, make an impact, without forgetting to have fun!
About the role
We are looking for a Business Development Manager who is customer focused, sales driven and excited about finding opportunities globally for our product. You will be an integral part of a highly motivated Business Development team of self-starters to find the right opportunities with cities and transit agencies. As an early employee, you'll work in an exciting, fast-paced startup environment and will be able to grow quickly and have a large impact on the business.
- Become an expert on our world leading routing technology.
- Customer Focused. Sets clients at the center for all we do, helping them be ready to "Move the World" by advancing our vision.
- Find, pursue, and close opportunities with cities and transit agencies globally, with focus on the United States nationwide.
- Achieves strong client and stakeholder relationships. Establish and strengthen relationships with transit leaders at a local and state level that will advance and secure opportunities for TRC’s product.
- Lead discovery calls with potential customers and convince them of the strengths and positive impact our product has for their service model, their cities, and their riders.
- Share your relevant findings from customer conversations with our product team.
- Write customer proposals (ex.request for Proposals, Sole Source, Request for Information, etc.) and close deals.
- Bring an expanded view and integrated response to complex challenges that can be solved by leveraging our product.
- Build a playbook for future sales and BD reps to prepare the Business Development team for scale.
- Advancing Mobility-as-a-Service (MaaS) principles that increase ridership, helps transit agencies become sustainable, address equity through accessibility, and advance workforce development for the operator.
- Be an ambassador and advocate for TRC across the transit industry, including participating in industry conferences.
- Deploys our unique expertise and perspective to create new value for clients and provides civic and industry leadership.
- Be a thought leader in the transit space and ensure that everyone you talk to becomes as excited about TRC as we are.
Who are you
- Self-motivated and willing to learn new things and take on new challenges
- Entrepreneurial and eager to thrive in a startup environment
- Kind, empathetic, highly ethical, and accepting of others
- Passionate about improving public transportation globally
- Customer laser focused
- Medical insurance: 100% employer-paid premiums for self and dependents
- Dental & vision insurance
- Health FSA + dependent care FSA
- 401k through Guideline
- Apple computer
- Unlimited paid time off
- Work from home flexibility
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Public Transit commuter subsidy
- $100 monthly balance & growth contribution
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At TRC we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles. The Routing Company is an equal opportunity employer. We aim for every person at The Routing Company to feel like they matter, belong, and can be their authentic selves so they can do their best work. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.