Cities more than ever need accessible and flexible transit. Our mission is to allow communities of any size, in any place, with any resources to meet the transportation needs of their people.
The Routing Company is a fast-growing tech startup that’s making it possible for any city or community in the world to set up and run its own on-demand transit service. The technology we provide includes our Pingo (ridepingo.com) rider app, driver app, and visualization platform that are all aimed to be easily configurable by our public transit/operator partners.
We recently raised $15m and have been featured in CNBC, TechCrunch, Business Insider, Geekwire, CNN, The Verge, and BBC.
We are a mission-driven, fast-growing team including veterans in ride-sharing and high-growth startups. We value building a culture of transparency, kindness, and diversity of thought. We create equal opportunities for everyone to grow, make an impact, without forgetting to have fun!
About the role
- Contribute to and maintain a design system, providing detailed redlines, specs, logic, and rules for a variety of use cases
- Create user flows, wireframes, and high-fidelity prototypes to address user, product, and business needs
- Present and iterate design solutions and concepts
- Help define the look and feel of user interfaces across internal and external products
- Work cross-functionally with design, product, and engineering teams to ensure the smooth launch of new features
- Collaborate with other designers/product managers to establish design direction
- Lead UX research in partnership with product and our research team
- Participate in user research to help inform user needs and product designs
- Work directly with developers during the handoff and implementation of designs
- Managing small design projects for business development
- 2-4+ years experience as a product designer working directly with design systems
- Portfolio demonstrating user experience and visual design work
- Thought leadership in how to integrate user research into the design process
- A strong understanding of user interface patterns and best practicesFluent in Figma/Sketch/Adobe XD or whatever design software that you are familiar with
- Experience working in a collaborative team environment to deliver high-quality design solutions
- Strong communication, collaboration, and creative problem-solving skills
- Designed and shipped multiple product features, either building from scratch or iterating significantly on what existed.
- Excellent eye for details
- Be BOLD - We’re always open for new ideas
- Medical insurance: 100% employer-paid premiums for self and dependents
- Dental & vision insurance
- Health FSA + dependent care FSA
- 401k through Guideline
- Apple computer
- Unlimited paid time off
- Work from home flexibility
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Public Transit commuter subsidy
- $100 monthly balance & growth contribution
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At TRC we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles. The Routing Company is an equal opportunity employer. We aim for every person at The Routing Company to feel like they matter, belong, and can be their authentic selves so they can do their best work. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.