Cities more than ever need accessible and flexible transit. Our mission is to allow communities of any size, in any place, with any resources to meet the transportation needs of their people.
The Routing Company is a fast-growing tech startup that’s making it possible for any city or community in the world to set up and run its own on-demand transit service. The technology we provide includes our Pingo (ridepingo.com) rider app, driver app, and visualization platform that are all aimed to be easily configurable by our public transit/operator partners.
We recently raised $15m and have been featured in CNBC, TechCrunch, Business Insider, Geekwire, CNN, The Verge, and BBC.
We are a mission-driven, fast-growing team including veterans in ride-sharing and high-growth startups. We value building a culture of transparency, kindness, and diversity of thought. We create equal opportunities for everyone to grow, make an impact, without forgetting to have fun!
About the role
- Building a business, from translating customer needs to a visionary engineering roadmap to hiring and managing the a product team ready to revolutionize transit
- Leading and inspiring a team of PMs, engineers, designers, and user researchers through the full product development cycle
- Partnering with cross-functional teams including sales, marketing, and operations to test and deploy new features
- Mastering the needs and desires of the transit community (a.k.a. everyone)
- Crafting and owning the team vision, strategy and roadmap
- Driving key metrics and positively impacting consumer and business metrics
What you'll bring
- 8+ years of product management experience, with a history of delivering successful and innovative products
- (nice to have) 4+ years of experience in the transportation technology space (e.g. ridesharing, transit tech)
- Leadership: You know how to hire and manage a team from the ground up, develop your team’s skill sets, and set and meet budgetary goals
- Data driven mindset: You’ll be data savvy and will find the data you need, build it into a compelling narrative, and hold yourself and your team accountable to key business metrics
- Customer obsession: You will solicit constant feedback from our customers, through empathetic user research and personal experience, and drive our teams to be always customer-first
- Cross-functional: You know how to collaborate with engineers and other functional areas like design and business development, with the ability to support key technical decisions as needed
- Vision & drive: You can inspire a team with different skills to work together, smart, and hard toward a your vision of success and how to get there
- Business minded: You are passionate about building businesses. You not only own the user metrics but also own and optimize business performance
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Medical insurance: 100% employer-paid premiums for self and dependents
- Dental & vision insurance
- Health FSA + dependent care FSA
- 401k through Guideline
- Apple computer
- Unlimited paid time off
- Work from home flexibility
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Public Transit commuter subsidy
- $100 monthly balance & growth contribution
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At TRC we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles. The Routing Company is an equal opportunity employer. We aim for every person at The Routing Company to feel like they matter, belong, and can be their authentic selves so they can do their best work. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.