Africa has an untapped talent pool that is increasing exponentially, with a projected workforce that will exceed India and China by 2035 Fuelled by this, our mission is to create work opportunities for millions of Africa’s youth and solve the world’s shortage of technology talent.
Our company SAND has 170+ staff members from 30+ countries with plans to acquire several companies around the world to become a multi-billion dollar global technology services provider that employs over 100K employees across the globe.
We have 3 brands represented in our ecosystem:
- With ALX, we are building the fastest-growing pool of technology talent in the world, training young talent across Software Engineering, Cloud Computing, Data Science and Salesforce. We are shaping the next generation of software engineers in over 60 countries.
- Through our talent agent, The Room, we are creating a community (43+ countries represented to date) for the World’s top tech talent sparking transformative careers by connecting top technology talent with extraordinary opportunities for impact.
- Through Sand Technologies we support enterprises and scale-ups around the world to develop world class technology products, build great technology teams, generate more revenue, and deliver outstanding customer experience. Our clients include one of the largest cloud computing providers in the world as well as Bestseller A/S (Denmark), Create Prime (New Zealand), Stanbic Bank (Kenya), and Tamara (Dubai).
With varying levels of expertise in software development, data, cloud, machine learning, artificial intelligence, UX design, web development, etc, we providing unparalleled opportunities to technology talent worldwide while reshaping industries, disrupting traditional business models, and creating new opportunities for innovation and growth.
We do hard things!
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Junior Accountant will support the financial reporting team by ensuring that the transactional work and reconciliations are completed timeously. Additionally, they will be required to support payment processing and tracking. The Junior Accountant will mainly focus on transactional work that will include bank posting, intercompany posting, updating the GL, weekly bank reconciliation and a weekly general ledger for review.
As the Junior Accountant, you will be responsible for:
- Data Entry:
Bank Posting and processing.
Credit Card processing
- AP/AR Support:
- Debtor/Supplier GL Management
Processing of receipts from bank statements and allocating such to debtor/customer accounts.
Billing and Collections Support
- Payments Processing: Support weekly payments processing ensuring on-time and accurate processing of approved expenses in line with the org-wide Policies and Procedures.
- Audit Support:
Documentation storage of all transactions
Support team by providing transaction proof during audit.
- Relationship Management:
Managing relationships with internal stakeholders such as employees and interns
Managing relationships with external stakeholders such as employer partners, talents and suppliers
Weekly GL Reporting
Monthly GL ReportingReporting:
Intercompany ReconciliationBank Reconcilation:
Reconciling all bank accounts on a weekly and monthly basis
- Accounting Month End Close: Assisting the financial reporting team by executing tasks assigned by the Senior Accountant
- Attention to detail
- Clear communication skills
- Time management
- Ability to relate to people
- Problem solving skills
- Data entry Skills