Do you want to join a band of legal rock stars? Are you an entrepreneurial, curious, passionate, and self-driven legal rockstar? Does the sound of joining a team of high-performing hippies and innovative problem solvers excite you? Are you ready to contribute to a global mission to build Africa? Are you dynamic, adaptable, and able to work in a faced-paced environment? If this sounds like you read on…
Well, this might just be the job for you!
Africa has an untapped talent pool that is increasing exponentially, with a projected workforce that will exceed India and China by 2035 Fuelled by this, our mission is to create work opportunities for millions of Africa’s youth and solve the world’s shortage of technology talent.
Our company SAND has 170+ staff members from 30+ countries with plans to acquire several companies around the world to become a multi-billion dollar global technology services provider that employs over 100K employees across the globe.
We have 3 brands represented in our ecosystem:
- With ALX, we are building the fastest-growing pool of technology talent in the world, training young talent across Software Engineering, Cloud Computing, Data Science and Salesforce. We are shaping the next generation of software engineers in over 60 countries.
- Through our talent agent, The Room, we are creating a community (43+ countries represented to date) for the World’s top tech talent sparking transformative careers by connecting top technology talent with extraordinary opportunities for impact.
- Through Sand Technologies we support enterprises and scale-ups around the world to develop world class technology products, build great technology teams, generate more revenue, and deliver outstanding customer experience. Our clients include one of the largest cloud computing providers in the world as well as Bestseller A/S (Denmark), Create Prime (New Zealand), Stanbic Bank (Kenya), and Tamara (Dubai).
With varying levels of expertise in software development, data, cloud, machine learning, artificial intelligence, UX design, web development, etc, we providing unparalleled opportunities to technology talent worldwide while reshaping industries, disrupting traditional business models, and creating new opportunities for innovation and growth.
We do hard things!
LeCoR stands for Legal, Compliance & Risk and is the legal arm of African Leadership International (the holding company of ALX and THe ROOM). Our mission is simple: “Protect and defend the company”. and our strategy is to create world-class CATs and TRAPs to control RATs!
Yes, you heard it right. This means we do 3 things for our customers (our internal or external stakeholders):
- We create Contracts, give Advice, and close Transactions (CATS),
- We deliver Training, conduct Regulatory Assessments, and manage Policies (TRAPS)
- And we do all these things to keep Risk At Tolerance (RATS).
As Lecorians, we challenge each other with complex tasks and let innovation and creativity run their course. You will own projects and work streams and rotational management roles. We have a strong emphasis on systems and processes in order to optimize for efficiency and we value fun, freedom, and feedback!
Not convinced yet? Here are a few more reasons to join our team!
Join a band of legal rockstars: We are entrepreneurial, curious, passionate, and self-driven global rockstars, and if you are too, we'd love to see you on stage!
From Garage Band to Coachella: Are you ready to rock!? This is a unique opportunity to break your own boundaries and upscale yourself in a forward-thinking and disruptive band.
The world is your stage: You know how you perform best. Rock from home, your favourite coffee shop, the top of a mountain, or a remote island, we encourage you to find your happy place!
Master of your time: Time is precious - make it count. Work at your own time, whether you’re morning person or a night owl!
Pretty cool, right!? If you are excited about these “unorthodox” concepts, you are in the right place…
ABOUT THE ROLE
We invite you to rock with us in our band. The role offers the perfect opportunity for professional and personal development in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. As a rock band, teamwork and collaboration are at the center of what we do. But in order to be in a band, you also have to have your own unique groove.
Your Mission: You’ll be in charge of creating innovative solutions for commercial transactions, compliance programs, and staff training.
In this exciting role, you'll be instrumental in:
Drafting and negotiating commercial contracts for our various business units (today a lease for space in Cairo, tomorrow an MSA for a client in California, and next week a DPA for a vendor in Romania!).
Evaluate our the risk and compliance levels of our business operations to create compliance maps, risk reports and business improvement plans.
Manage commercial risk and entity structuring, oversee our litigation portfolio, manage outside counsel, and conduct due diligence on potential business partners
The LeCoR band plays in these stages (functions & projects):
Privacy: ensuring that the organisation is compliant with data protection laws worldwide (frmo GDPR to POPIA to CCPA).
Company Secretary: ensuring corporate compliance and up-to-date corporate records in +10 countries!.
Intellectual Property: registering our trademarks and patents across the world.
J.A.N.I.S (just a nonconformist innovative system): Develop and test JANIS - our automated interactive tech solution for our legal & compliance products.
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs):
We are a data-driven band. We collect data to track how well we perform individually, and as a band. Some of the most important things we track to ensure we hit our goals are:
CSAT (customer satisfaction score - how much do our fans love us?)
OTD (on time delivery - are we shipping those CATs and TRAPs on time?)
FRR (feedback response rate. are we getting enough feedback from our fans/customers?)
FCR (First Contact Resolution, are we solving problems in one hit?)
We want to rock with you if have:
- a law degree
- +5 years experience working for a boutique law firm or startup
- Relevant experience in Corporate Law, Employment Law, Data Protection Law, or Intellectual Property Law
- Project Management experience in executing projects from start to finish and on time.
- G-Suite: proficient in G-Suite tools such as Google Sheets, Slides, and Docs
- Robocop Mindset: You are curious about the intersection of law and technology
- Magician Mindset: You believe things are never what they seem to be
- Spartan Mindset: You don't give up. No retreat, no surrender!
- Rockstar Mindset: You make it happen. The show must always go on!
- Lego Mindset: You like to build. Every piece fits somewhere; every piece is movable!
- Master Yoda Mindset: Do or do not, never try! This is a place for doers, not just talkers; for the extraordinary, not the ordinary; and for the fearless, not the fearful.
- Experience in cross-border projects & transactions, including M&A or corporate finance
- French and/or Arabic language proficiency.
- You are qualified to practice law in Egypt or Morocco.
- Knowledge of contract management tools (like Docusign, Concord, PandaDoc, etc)