Africa has an untapped talent pool that is increasing exponentially, with a projected workforce that will exceed India and China by 2035 Fuelled by this, our mission is to create work opportunities for millions of Africa’s youth and solve the world’s shortage of technology talent.
Our company SAND has 170+ staff members from 30+ countries with plans to acquire several companies around the world to become a multi-billion dollar global technology services provider that employs over 100K employees across the globe.
We have 3 brands represented in our ecosystem:
- With ALX, we are building the fastest-growing pool of technology talent in the world, training young talent across Software Engineering, Cloud Computing, Data Science and Salesforce. We are shaping the next generation of software engineers in over 60 countries.
- Through our talent agent, The Room, we are creating a community (43+ countries represented to date) for the World’s top tech talent sparking transformative careers by connecting top technology talent with extraordinary opportunities for impact.
- Through Sand Technologies we support enterprises and scale-ups around the world to develop world class technology products, build great technology teams, generate more revenue, and deliver outstanding customer experience. Our clients include one of the largest cloud computing providers in the world as well as Bestseller A/S (Denmark), Create Prime (New Zealand), Stanbic Bank (Kenya), and Tamara (Dubai).
With varying levels of expertise in software development, data, cloud, machine learning, artificial intelligence, UX design, web development, etc, we providing unparalleled opportunities to technology talent worldwide while reshaping industries, disrupting traditional business models, and creating new opportunities for innovation and growth.
We do hard things!
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Procurement Lead will ensure that purchasing of goods and services is conducted efficiently and effectively to enable the company to achieve its goals. The position will provide insights from available internal and external data to inform vendor effectiveness and better purchase decisions. In addition, the position ensures compliance with ALI’s Procurement Policy and Procedures.
- To ensure that all procurement is made in line with Procurement Policy and Procedures
- To ensure employees are always aware of, and follow the provisions of the Procurement Policy and Procedures through training and engagements through various forums
- To assist in negotiating costs and payment terms and in developing service level agreements (SLAs)
- To ensure that requests for procurement of goods or services are properly authorized by budget holders and assist budgetary holders with appropriate cost allocation
- To assist in resolving supplier issues, expediting orders and dealing with returns
- To ensure proper use of procurement credit card in line with credit card policy and ensure timely reconciliation of the card at month end.
- To follow up with budget managers and cardholders regarding unreconciled credit card transactions and enforce our credit card policy.
- To maintain proper procurement records, both physical and electronic.
- To assist in submission of invoices, delivery notes and other appropriate documentation to Finance Department to facilitate payments and assist in resolving purchasing/invoicing problems or conflicts
- To prepare analytical reports such as efficiency, savings and supplier spend reports as may be required from time to time
- Develop progress reports to EXCO on execution of objectives and key results
- To oversee maintenance and safeguarding of ALI assets
- Manage team performance and development
- Manage flight and accommodation requirements
- Bachelor’s degree and qualifications in commerce, procurement management or a relevant field, with a minimum of 3-5 years' applicable experience working in a procurement environment.
- Experience and knowledge of intermediate accounting techniques and principles
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Good communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to work independently and follow-through
- Ability to monitor and track data
- Experience in team leadership