Africa has an untapped talent pool that is increasing exponentially, with a projected workforce that will exceed India and China by 2035 Fuelled by this, our mission is to create work opportunities for millions of Africa’s youth and solve the world’s shortage of technology talent.
Our company SAND has 170+ staff members from 30+ countries with plans to acquire several companies around the world to become a multi-billion dollar global technology services provider that employs over 100K employees across the globe.
We have 3 brands represented in our ecosystem:
- With ALX, we are building the fastest-growing pool of technology talent in the world, training young talent across Software Engineering, Cloud Computing, Data Science and Salesforce. We are shaping the next generation of software engineers in over 60 countries.
- Through our talent agent, The Room, we are creating a community (43+ countries represented to date) for the World’s top tech talent sparking transformative careers by connecting top technology talent with extraordinary opportunities for impact.
- Through Sand Technologies we support enterprises and scale-ups around the world to develop world class technology products, build great technology teams, generate more revenue, and deliver outstanding customer experience. Our clients include one of the largest cloud computing providers in the world as well as Bestseller A/S (Denmark), Create Prime (New Zealand), Stanbic Bank (Kenya), and Tamara (Dubai).
With varying levels of expertise in software development, data, cloud, machine learning, artificial intelligence, UX design, web development, etc, we providing unparalleled opportunities to technology talent worldwide while reshaping industries, disrupting traditional business models, and creating new opportunities for innovation and growth.
We do hard things!
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Financial Operations Specialist will be responsible for managing the credit control function of the company. The role requires a Chartered Accountant with a minimum of 5 years of experience in credit control. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that outstanding invoices are paid on time, monitoring customer credit status, and managing customer relationships. This role reports directly to the Head of FP&A and Financial Ops.
- Manage the company's credit control function
- Manages credit and collection activities such as following up with past due accounts, credit risk monitoring, new customer setup, regular customer credit evaluations, and keeps track of cash receipts
- Communicates effectively and maintains a professional relationship with external and internal customers
- Successfully leads the account receivable team and oversees the credit and cash management activities
- Leads, motivates, and develops talent within the organization including, but not limited to, immediate direct reports by coaching, counseling, engaging, and evaluating performance
- Manages external and internal auditor relationships to facilitate the completion of audit procedures in a timely and efficient manner
- Manage the billing team to ensure all billing-related activities are properly assigned and completed
- Perform research on new billing requirements and propose solutions
- Identify the root cause for billing-related issues and work with other teams to solve the issues
- Manage the dunning process and billing inbox
- Work with the fulfillment team to handle complex customer-related requests and issues
- Coordinate with the debt collection agency
- Prepare and review all month-end billing/payment activities and reconciliations to ensure accurate and timely billing close
- Monitor and follow up on overdue invoices
- Prepare weekly and monthly debtors' reports
- Manage customer relationships and resolve payment disputes
- Work closely with the fulfilment team to ensure that credit policies are adhered to
- Review and implement credit control policies and procedures
- Ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements
- Reports to the Head of FP&A and Fin Ops to report on debtors' status and recommend actions to improve cash flow
Qualifications & Experience:
- Chartered Accountant from a recognised professional organisation
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Billing, Credit control and Accounts receivables
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical
- Strong problem-solving skills and a proven track record of leading complex billing projects to a successful completion
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Proficiency in Gsuite
- Experience with NetSuite and Xero Billing is a must