Are you interested in working with communities delivering exceptional experiences? Would you describe yourself as a highly structured individual with fast learning abilities? Are you highly collaborative with a knack for thriving in cross-functional duties? Does the prospect of supporting the development of a large-scale, highly innovative enterprise excite you?
Sounds exciting? Read on …
We are building the fastest-growing pool of technology talent in the world. Through our talent agency, The Room, we represent a top-tier group of mid and senior technology professionals from around the world. Through Holberton - a Silicon Valley software engineering school - we are shaping the next generation of software engineers in over 60 countries. With the strength of our ecosystem, we bring together teams that can execute our client's boldest dreams by implementing powerful technologies and supporting them to continuously innovate and stay ahead of the curve. We do hard things!
With varying levels of expertise in software development, data, cloud, machine learning, artificial intelligence, UX design, web development, etc, we are reshaping industries, disrupting traditional business models, and creating new opportunities for innovation and growth.
Our clients include one of the largest cloud computing providers in the world as well as Bestseller A/S (Denmark), Create Prime (New Zealand), Stanbic Bank (Kenya), and Tamara (Dubai). We are acquiring several companies around the world to become a multi-billion dollar global technology services provider that employs over 100K employees across the globe.
Our mission at ALX is to select, engage, and connect talented young leaders to work opportunities. The team is at the forefront of promoting the global ALX and ROOM brands and value proposition to a local audience, employing creativity and passion to advance our skill development programs, selecting and engaging exceptionally talented youth, and building relationships with local and global employers to place talent. Currently, there are over 2,000 young leaders enrolled in ALX’s skill development programs, and this number is expected to grow considerably.
We are a radically empowered team that aims to build, nurture, and scale a thriving local community of talented youth that will catalyze powerful and transformative experiences among themselves and other mission-driven members. In the pursuit of our mission, we encourage autonomy, creativity, and experimentation. We embrace risks and failure. We seek those that have a beginner’s mindset, are lifelong learners, thrive in uncertain circumstances and uncharted territory, and have a deep passion for youth engagement.
ABOUT THE ROLE
ALX trains high-performing young talent in our various tech programs and fosters a thriving community that catalyzes transformative shared experiences among this talent. In 2023, ALX is transitioning from a fully online program to a blended program that combines online course content with in-person, on-site learning. This includes peer-to-peer support, in-person assignments, group work, technical mentorship, and events. This blended approach is expected to lead to better learning outcomes and stronger relationships among learners. To make this a reality, ALX will be opening its own tech hubs in multiple cities from May 2023.
Reporting directly to the General Manager, the Fellowship Experience Associate, will help build, nurture and scale a thriving community that catalyzes powerful and transformative shared experiences and enduring relationships amongst fellows enrolled in ALX training programs and The Room.
The Fellowship Experience Associate’s responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Conceptualize, design and execute a Community Building Playbook and game plan that catalyzes the formation of a powerful community within and across cohorts, including 1-on-1 relationships, 1-to-many engagement opportunities, and exceptional in-person experiences.
- Build systems and processes that enable fellows and students to feel supported and heard, enabling two-way communication between fellows and the Casablanca Team, as well as with relevant central teams
- Community Engagement: actively and regularly interact with fellows on a variety of community platforms that enable forming relationships, including Slack, Discord, Telegram, social media, in-person groups, and other relevant platforms
- Communications: develop and implement engaging community communication content, tailored to the various stages of fellows' journey (application, onboarding, program participation, graduation and transition), using various platforms, including social media posts, videos, and newsletters
- Build connections with the wider local ecosystem to enable:
- Engagement with practitioners and influencers
- Bringing in speakers for fireside chats
- Supporting professional readiness workshops including mock interviews, resume/ LinkedIn/ Github critiques and professionalism
- Connecting with external mentors and communities
- Organizing/participating in hackathons and other events
- Connecting with potential employers for internships and job opportunities
- Track and analyse data: develop relevant community engagement metrics, build relevant data, and monitor performance to inform community management; manage customer feedback via observation, surveys, and interviews to inform community development
- Coordinate: regularly liaise with internal stakeholders across the organization to inform on community progress, stay updated on internal developments, and ensure message and brand consistency
- A minimum of 4 years of professional experience in any field; experience with project management, events activation and coordination, youth engagement, and community service a plus
- Experience in operations and systems-building in a high-growth/scale environment
- A bachelor’s degree in any field with an excellent academic record
- Fluency in English (verbal and written); knowledge of other local languages a plus
- Relationship-driven: highly skilled communicator with a strong customer service focus and desire to do what’s best for our customers at all times
- Attention to detail: to ensure you deliver the best customer experience and promptly follow up on all the information they need
- Excellent communication and presentation skills: you can effectively articulate and communicate ideas both verbally and in writing
- Interpersonal skills: you have a collaborative mindset and can work well with others
- Humility and openness to feedback: you are always looking to learn and have an insatiable curiosity and hunger to grow
- Innovativeness and creativity: you have a tendency to use your imagination to create or introduce something new or different in any situation
This is a hybrid position based in Casablanca, Morocco.