Are you interested in working with communities delivering exceptional experiences? Would you describe yourself as a highly structured individual with fast learning abilities? Are you highly collaborative with a knack for thriving in cross-functional duties? Does the prospect of supporting the development of a large-scale, highly innovative enterprise excite you?
Sounds exciting? Read on …
Africa has an untapped talent pool that is increasing exponentially, with a projected workforce that will exceed India and China by 2035 Fuelled by this, our mission is to create work opportunities for millions of Africa’s youth and solve the world’s shortage of technology talent.
Our company SAND has 170+ staff members from 30+ countries with plans to acquire several companies around the world to become a multi-billion dollar global technology services provider that employs over 100K employees across the globe.
We have 3 brands represented in our ecosystem:
- With ALX, we are building the fastest-growing pool of technology talent in the world, training young talent across Software Engineering, Cloud Computing, Data Science and Salesforce. We are shaping the next generation of software engineers in over 60 countries.
- Through our talent agent, The Room, we are creating a community (43+ countries represented to date) for the World’s top tech talent sparking transformative careers by connecting top technology talent with extraordinary opportunities for impact.
- Through Sand Technologies we support enterprises and scale-ups around the world to develop world class technology products, build great technology teams, generate more revenue, and deliver outstanding customer experience. Our clients include one of the largest cloud computing providers in the world as well as Bestseller A/S (Denmark), Create Prime (New Zealand), Stanbic Bank (Kenya), and Tamara (Dubai).
With varying levels of expertise in software development, data, cloud, machine learning, artificial intelligence, UX design, web development, etc, we providing unparalleled opportunities to technology talent worldwide while reshaping industries, disrupting traditional business models, and creating new opportunities for innovation and growth.
We do hard things!
Our mission at ALX is to select, engage, and connect talented young leaders to work opportunities. The team is at the forefront of promoting the global ALX and ROOM brands and value proposition to a local audience, employing creativity and passion to advance our skill development programs, selecting and engaging exceptionally talented youth, and building relationships with local and global employers to place talent. Currently, there are over 2,000 young leaders enrolled in ALX’s skill development programs, and this number is expected to considerably grow.
We are a radically empowered team that aims to build, nurture, and scale a thriving local community of talented youth that will catalyze powerful and transformative experiences among themselves and other mission-driven members. In the pursuit of our mission, we encourage autonomy, creativity, and experimentation. We embrace risks and failure. We seek those that have a beginner’s mindset, are lifelong learners, thrive in uncertain circumstances and uncharted territory, and have a deep passion for youth engagement.
ABOUT THE ROLE
ALX trains high-performing young talent in our various tech programs and fosters a thriving community that catalyzes transformative shared experiences among this talent. In 2023, ALX is transitioning from a fully online program to a blended program that combines online course content with in-person, on-site learning. This includes peer-to-peer support, in-person assignments, group work, technical mentorship, and events. This blended approach is expected to lead to better learning outcomes and stronger relationships among learners. To make this a reality, ALX will be opening its own hubs in multiple cities from April 2023.
The Learning Community Experience Associate will be responsible for supporting the Learning Community Experience Specialist in executing strategies that help us build and engage with this community of learners. The Learning Community Experience Associate will be responsible for developing and executing an in-person learning community-building roadmap, activating and engaging the community, creating engaging content and events, monitoring and analyzing community feedback to drive continuous improvement, and working with cross-functional teams to build and execute community initiatives.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop and execute an in-person learning community-building strategy and roadmap that aligns with the organization's mission and values and drives engagement and drive student retention.
- Create engaging content and events that provide in-person learning and cultivate a strong sense of ownership, and foster community engagement and interactions.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop and execute community initiatives that incorporate the learning community feedback into product development, marketing, and other areas of the organization.
- Monitor and analyze community metrics to identify areas for improvement and growth, and evaluate the success of community programs and initiatives.
- Provide excellent customer service to learners and maintain accurate records of community engagement, initiatives, and feedback.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends, best practices, and new technologies to continuously improve the community experience.
- A minimum of 2 years of professional experience in any field; experience with project management, events activation and coordination, youth engagement, and community service a plus
- A bachelor’s degree in any field with an excellent academic record
- Experience with experiential learning experiences
- Fluency in English (verbal and written); knowledge of other local languages a plus
- Relationship-driven: highly skilled communicator with a strong customer service focus and desire to do what’s best for our customers at all times
- Attention to detail: to ensure you deliver the best customer experience and promptly follow up on all the information they need
- Experience with data analysis and/or using metrics to inform decision-making and drive continuous improvement
- Excellent communication and presentation skills: you can effectively articulate and communicate ideas both verbally and in writing
- Interpersonal skills: you have a collaborative mindset and can work well with others
- Humility and openness to feedback: you are always looking to learn and have an insatiable curiosity and hunger to grow
- Innovativeness and creativity: you have a tendency to use your imagination to create or introduce something new or different in any situation
This role is a hybrid position based in Kigali, Rwanda.