Africa has an untapped talent pool that is increasing exponentially, with a projected workforce that will exceed India and China by 2035 Fuelled by this, our mission is to create work opportunities for millions of Africa’s youth and solve the world’s shortage of technology talent.
Our company SAND has 170+ staff members from 30+ countries with plans to acquire several companies around the world to become a multi-billion dollar global technology services provider that employs over 100K employees across the globe.
We have 3 brands represented in our ecosystem:
- With ALX, we are building the fastest-growing pool of technology talent in the world, training young talent across Software Engineering, Cloud Computing, Data Science and Salesforce. We are shaping the next generation of software engineers in over 60 countries.
- Through our talent agent, The Room, we are creating a community (43+ countries represented to date) for the World’s top tech talent sparking transformative careers by connecting top technology talent with extraordinary opportunities for impact.
- Through Sand Technologies we support enterprises and scale-ups around the world to develop world class technology products, build great technology teams, generate more revenue, and deliver outstanding customer experience. Our clients include one of the largest cloud computing providers in the world as well as Bestseller A/S (Denmark), Create Prime (New Zealand), Stanbic Bank (Kenya), and Tamara (Dubai).
With varying levels of expertise in software development, data, cloud, machine learning, artificial intelligence, UX design, web development, etc, we providing unparalleled opportunities to technology talent worldwide while reshaping industries, disrupting traditional business models, and creating new opportunities for innovation and growth.
We do hard things!
ABOUT THE ROLE
You will be part of a cross-functional team, which is responsible for the entire software development life cycle. You are required to be well-versed in solution design and development using back-end coding languages.
You will be joining a team that’s developing an education and entrepreneurship platform for the African continent, transforming the continent and the world by selecting, developing and connecting 2 million young leaders to opportunities by 2030. This is a role that would be ideal for individuals who like to make a big impact and work on something meaningful.
More specifically your role will include:
- Conceptualize, design, and build effective solution architectures to meet the needs of software solutions sought for identified organizational needs
- Develop functional databases, database architecture, core back-end/server-side applications, and server deployments
- Develop and design microservices and APIs
- Following data security and data protection requirements for developed solutions
- Collaborate with design and product teams to plan roadmap delivery, troubleshoot issues, and solve problems where needed
- A bachelor’s degree in a technology related field.
- Relevant professional qualification in automated information systems design/development would be an advantage
- A minimum 5 years of experience in active software development, having covered backend information systems development.
- Proficiency with Node.JS and its ecosystem.
- Strong skills with database technology such as PostgreSQL and MongoDB and a working knowledge of database storage.
- Experience with GraphQL and RESTful API development.
- Experience with Git.
- Deep understanding of cloud-based technologies and their application to effective solution delivery. Ideally, has professional experience with AWS.
- Strong in solution design and ability to design effective end to end solutions.
- In-depth understanding of the DevOps lifecycle and hands-on experience with Infrastructure as Code and CI/CD.
- Experience with Microservice development tools and technologies.
- Fluent in English
- Critical thinking, analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Problem-solving capabilities to create meaningful strategies to improve development standards is a plus.
- Open to learning and working on new things.
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment.
We would also like to remind you that this is a remote job, which means that you can work from anywhere in the world. However, we have a preference for a GMT to GMT +6 time zone.