Do you have expertise in Salesforce Automation? Are you inspired to work in a highly innovative organisation solving difficult problems? Are you passionate about leveraging technology to solve human-centric problems? Would you say you are capable of multi-tasking and are result driven?
Well, this might just be the job for you!
Africa has an untapped talent pool that is increasing exponentially, with a projected workforce that will exceed India and China by 2035 Fuelled by this, our mission is to create work opportunities for millions of Africa’s youth and solve the world’s shortage of technology talent.
Our company SAND has 170+ staff members from 30+ countries with plans to acquire several companies around the world to become a multi-billion dollar global technology services provider that employs over 100K employees across the globe.
We have 3 brands represented in our ecosystem:
- With ALX, we are building the fastest-growing pool of technology talent in the world, training young talent across Software Engineering, Cloud Computing, Data Science and Salesforce. We are shaping the next generation of software engineers in over 60 countries.
- Through our talent agent, The Room, we are creating a community (43+ countries represented to date) for the World’s top tech talent sparking transformative careers by connecting top technology talent with extraordinary opportunities for impact.
- Through Sand Technologies we support enterprises and scale-ups around the world to develop world class technology products, build great technology teams, generate more revenue, and deliver outstanding customer experience. Our clients include one of the largest cloud computing providers in the world as well as Bestseller A/S (Denmark), Create Prime (New Zealand), Stanbic Bank (Kenya), and Tamara (Dubai).
With varying levels of expertise in software development, data, cloud, machine learning, artificial intelligence, UX design, web development, etc, we providing unparalleled opportunities to technology talent worldwide while reshaping industries, disrupting traditional business models, and creating new opportunities for innovation and growth.
We do hard things!
ABOUT THE TECHNOLOGY TEAM
Companies around the world are clamoring to find talent with skills in software engineering, data science, UX/UI design, software architecture, business intelligence, cyber security, cloud computing, Internet of Things, product management, and other skills that can enable the rapidly accelerating digital transformation. The Room is solving this challenge by creating a new supply of diverse, world-class technology talent and matching this talent to global companies that need it.
Our method is simple: (i) select the best emerging talent from the world’s largest pool of untapped talent: Africa (which will form 40% of the world’s population by the end of this century); (ii) rapidly train this talent to meet market demands and reduce the shortage of available technology talent and (iii) build a large-scale, B2B staffing business to outsource this talent to global companies.
You will be joining a team that has a fail fast, iterate often mentality. With a bold mission, we encourage autonomy, creativity, collaboration and experimentation. We seek those that have a beginners’ mindset, are lifelong learners, thrive in uncertain circumstances and uncharted territory, and have a deep passion for building meaningful ML powered products that will have a big impact on the African continent. Our team has a user-first mindset, finding joy in understanding the pain points of the customers and solving their problems using technology. If you're excited about working in a hyper-growth, fun and collaborative environment, this is a chance for you to have an impact on young African talent.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Senior Salesforce Specialist. you will be responsible for bringing the holistic vision for MarTech to life.
More specifically your role will include:
- Managing Salesforce Users, the Sharing Model, and 3rd party packages
- Collaborating with Exco to define priorities, determine enhancement complexity, and plan The Room’s Salesforce Roadmap
- Understand and drive best practices of declarative development
- Deliver Salesforce training and providing end-user support
- Build custom reports and dashboards
- Track Cases (tickets) created by end users requesting support and enhancements
- AppExchange Package installation & setup (general understanding of process and concepts)
- A deep understanding and operational knowledge of MarTech is required
- You must have a very strong technical background as well a strong understanding of the tech stack functionality
- 5+ years of industry experience in the maintenance and enhancement of Salesforce systems with certification as a Salesforce Certified Administrator preferred (Advanced Administrator and Platform Developer certifications preferred)
- Governance best practices (data governance, change management, data backups, Sandboxes, Change Sets and/or other migration tools using the metadata API)
- Excellent analytical, technology, communication, and problem-solving skills
- Experience with Packaged Application Integrations
- Ability to demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions for difficult assignments and of diverse scope.
- Ability to work on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data or situations requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Experience with: Salesforce Data Loader (or equivalent), Sales Cloud (Opportunities, Splits, Teams, Products & Pricebooks, Contracts), Service Cloud (Console, Feed, Case Assignment, Escalation, On Demand Email to Case), Chatter
NICE TO HAVE:
- Salesforce Certification (not required)
We would like to remind you that this is a remote job, which means that you can work from anywhere in the world. However, we have a preference for a GMT to GMT +4 time zone.