Are you a systems builder? Are you constantly on the hunt for optimization opportunities in every process? Are you passionate about people? Is delivering exceptional experiences rewarding to you? Would you describe yourself as a superstar communicator?
Well, this just might be the role for you!
In 2035, Africa will have the largest workforce in the world and will need to catalyse transformation by empowering its largest untapped resource - its people. The African Leadership Group is an ecosystem of institutions with a shared vision to harness Africa’s abundant human capital and transform the continent and the world by selecting, developing, and connecting 2 million ethical and entrepreneurial leaders by 2030. ALG was founded over 15 years ago by Fred Swaniker, a serial entrepreneur recognised by Time Magazine as one of the 100 most influential people of 2019.
ALX and The Room are two brands of the African Leadership Group. ALX is our training arm, focused on developing skills for the fourth industrial revolution - software engineering, data science, UX design, cyber security, etc. - to ensure that Africa is able to compete effectively as the world undergoes a digital transformation. The Room is our connection arm, a community that our young talent join to access a lifetime of extraordinary opportunities and meaningful relationships. To learn more about us, please read this article about why we launched The Room & this article about the impact of our development programs in African youth.
ABOUT THE PXO TEAM
The People Operations & Experience team (PXO) exists to maximize people's engagement by fulfilling their needs of safety, belonging, esteem and growth through excellent people systems, data and experiences.
After becoming a fully remote organization our team focused in reengineering our people systems and processes to adapt them to a globally distributed team.
Now, as we continue to rapidly grow as an organization we shall now focus on new initiatives that help us bring more structure and automation to our people-based processes, as well as boost staff wellness and development as a way to invest in people's health, satisfaction, performance and retention.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As our PXO Associate you will work alongside a group of generalists who developed a passion for People on cases that directly impact others' satisfaction, health and performance. This will involve collaborating on challenging initiatives, increasing your understanding of complex business problems from diverse perspectives and developing new skills and experience to help you at every stage of your career—at The Room and beyond.
You'll act as a champion of The Room's culture, always mindful of how practices and programs can continue to strengthen, honor and reward our core values.
More specifically the role will include:
- Specializing on projects related to people operations in order set the people function up for success and scalability
- Specializing on projects related to people experience with a focus on staff wellness and development
- Support the PXO team with business as usual work (ie you'll support Events, Payroll, Staff Support, People Onboarding/Offboarding, etc.)
- Interacting and building relationships with our business leaders, unearthing opportunities to collaborate directly with them
- +2 years experience in Operations, Strategy, Project Management and/or Business Analyst roles
- Great ability and passion to build things that will scale
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multitask in a high pressure environment
- Strong relationship builder with excellent communication and writing skills
- Outstanding project management skills and can drive flawless processes, while constantly looking for opportunities for optimization and improvement
- Strong passion to succeed, contagious energy and desire to have fun in the process
- Tech savvy with advanced knowledge of Google Suite (or Microsoft Office) software specifically spreadsheets and slides
- Strategic thinker; able to see the bigger picture and can relate this to your day to day
- Innovative and creative problem solver; you have a naturally curious mind to stay ahead of the curve on industry trends and can exercise ingenuity in finding new ways of doing things
- Experience working in fast growth startups and/or consulting firms
- Experience in social impact and/or education organizations
- Experience in people roles (not mandatory)
- Staff CSAT (satisfaction / engagement proxy)
- Staff turnover
- Average staff tenure
We would also like to remind you that this is a remote job.
Would you like to join us as we work hard, have fun and make history?