Quality Assurance Engineer
Do you believe in humanity’s ability to self-improve? Are you passionate about leveraging technology to solve human-centric problems? Do you enjoy bringing structure, order and building quantifiable roadmaps for visionary outcomes that may take a generation or more to realize? Do you possess an owner’s approach with the ability to deliver with minimal supervision? Are you a perfectionist who embraces failure?
Well, this just might be the role for you!
ABOUT THE ROOM
Our mission at The Room is to help the world's most extraordinary talent to fulfil its potential. We do this by selecting the most extraordinary talent in every city, engaging them through in-person experiences, and connecting them to exceptional opportunities for impact. We are building a global community of extraordinary talent who do hard things. The Room is part of the African Leadership Group and is designed to ultimately create opportunities for millions of talented young Africans. To learn more about the philosophy behind The Room, please read this article & go through this deck.
The Room is part of the African Leadership Group, an ecosystem of 4 institutions with 15+ years of experience and a proven track record of developing Africa’s future generation of leaders. We were listed as one of the 50 most innovative companies (alongside Alibaba & Amazon) in 2019 by Fast Company.
ABOUT THE TECHNOLOGY TEAM
The mission of the Technology Team is to build the technology platform and digital products that will enable us to connect our talent to opportunities at scale when we reach our community of 10M members from across the world.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Quality Assurance Engineer, your role will be to support the building of a world-class technology platform to enable us to meet our goal of connecting talent to opportunities at scale. You will help design, build and operate our QA strategy to ensure we are continuously testing, monitoring and improving our products and services.
Specifically, your role will be to:
- Help design and develop our testing and QA strategy
- Perform manual and automated testing of features in development, working in partnership with our Product Managers and Engineers
- Support Engineers in their testing processes and troubleshooting bugs
- Help review and further develop and improve our CI / CD processes
- Participate in collaborative technical discussions that focus on software user experience, design, architecture, and development. Bringing a QA view into early conversations.
- 4+ years of experience testing software solutions
- Testing process and tools proficiency : both manual and automated
- Experience with testing Web Applications and Backend Services/APIs
- AWS Cloud services experience
- You are familiar with Interfaces such as REST and GraphQL web services, swagger profiles, JSON payloads.
- Familiar with Agile processes and project/developer tools such as Git / Jira / Confluence
- You have experience working with products built on top of a microservice architecture.
This is a remote role.