FULL STACK DEVELOPER
ABOUT THE AFRICAN LEADERSHIP GROUP
In 2035, Africa will have the largest workforce in the world and will need to catalyse transformation by empowering its largest untapped resource - its people. Fuelled by this, the African Leadership Group is an ecosystem of institutions with a shared moonshot vision to harness Africa's abundant human capital and transform the continent and the world by selecting, developing, and investing in 3 million ethical and entrepreneurial leaders by 2035. ALG was founded over 15 years ago by Fred Swaniker, a serial entrepreneur recognised by Time Magazine as one of the 100 most influential people of 2019 and his partners. The Group has also been recognised by Fast Company when ALU was awarded as 2019's most innovative company in Africa for "remaking education for a new era". As a Group, our focus is to continue scaling this mission at a pace never seen before.
AFRICAN LEADERSHIP GROUP BENEFITS
Some benefits of working at ALG include:
- A chance to make history: Become part of the team that is developing 3M leaders for Africa and help us convert a potential crisis into an era of global innovation & prosperity
- A powerful network: Join our powerful network of thousands of talented individuals who are living impactful lives across industries and geographies
- Professional development: Get access to the learning programs that made us the most innovative company in Africa for “remaking education for a new era”
- A talented & diverse team: Join a group of top performers coming from across the world and work alongside them in a fast-paced, impact-driven, environment
- Autonomy & empowerment: Enjoy the autonomy of working remotely and be empowered to achieve clear and ambitious goals in an outputs-driven organization
YOU WILL THRIVE AT ALG IF...
- Initiative & Courage: You have an owners’ approach and you are proactive with what needs to be done; you also embrace risks and failure
- Humility & Adaptability: You have a beginners’ mindset and you always seek to learn; you are also flexible and embrace pivoting
- Possibility & Adventure: You are passionate about life, you have a growth mindset and you can thrive on uncertain circumstances and uncharted territory
- Resilience: You tackle difficult situations with a can-do attitude and are relentless in the pursuit of your goals
- Emergent Leadership: You are aware, and can manage, your emotions and those of others very well, you also have an empathetic, collaborative approach to leadership and you love working with others
ABOUT THE JOB
The mission of the Full Stack Developer job is To build amazing applications for both internal and external customers.The goals of the Full Stack Developer job is to design, create and build tech that will serve the needs of all the organization’s stakeholders.
The main activities of this role will be:-
- To design and develop software applications
- To perform technical design reviews and code reviews
- To be responsible for prototyping, developing, and troubleshooting software
- To perform peer reviews on source code to ensure reuse, scalability, and the use of best practices
- To participate in collaborative technical discussions that focus on software user experience, design, architecture, and development
JOB SKILLS, MINDSETS & BACKGROUND
- You have 4+ years of strong hands-on background in developing scalable applications
- You are proficient in Front end technologies like AngularJS/React, JSON
- You have proficiency in server-side languages such as .NET Core, C#.
- You have extensive knowledge of CSS and JS methods for highly responsive applications.
- You have strong experience in Responsive design, cross-browser web applications
- You have experience with Cloud services, including AWS, GCP, and Azure
- You are familiar with Interfaces such as REST web services, swagger profiles, JSON payloads.
- You are familiar with dev-ops such as Git / Jira / Confluence
- You have experience with microservice architecture
- You are perfectionist who embraces failure.
YOU WILL LOVE THIS JOB IF...
- Humanity Centered: You believe in humanity’s ability to self-improve, and are passionate about leveraging technology to solve human-centric problems
- Impact Creation Mindset: You seek to create lasting impact by solving problems that address systemic growth challenges
- Accountability: You have an “owner’s approach” to be able to deliver on minimal supervision
- Think Big: You think in terms of “Big Hairy Audacious Goals”, building technology systems, processes and teams that are envisioned to solve problems along decades-long horizons
- Strategic Planning: You enjoy bringing structure, order, and focus of execution and build quantifiable roadmaps for visionary outcomes that may take a generation or more to realize
- Emergent Leadership: You enjoy working collaboratively with experts from diverse backgrounds while driving for excellence and instilling a “data first” mindset
“It takes a generation to make a change” - FRED SWANIKER, CEO