Africa has an untapped talent pool that is increasing exponentially, with a projected workforce that will exceed India and China by 2035 Fuelled by this, our mission is to create work opportunities for millions of Africa’s youth and solve the world’s shortage of technology talent.
Our company SAND has 170+ staff members from 30+ countries with plans to acquire several companies around the world to become a multi-billion dollar global technology services provider that employs over 100K employees across the globe.
We have 3 brands represented in our ecosystem:
- With ALX, we are building the fastest-growing pool of technology talent in the world, training young talent across Software Engineering, Cloud Computing, Data Science and Salesforce. We are shaping the next generation of software engineers in over 60 countries.
- Through our talent agent, The Room, we are creating a community (43+ countries represented to date) for the World’s top tech talent sparking transformative careers by connecting top technology talent with extraordinary opportunities for impact.
- Through Sand Technologies we support enterprises and scale-ups around the world to develop world class technology products, build great technology teams, generate more revenue, and deliver outstanding customer experience. Our clients include one of the largest cloud computing providers in the world as well as Bestseller A/S (Denmark), Create Prime (New Zealand), Stanbic Bank (Kenya), and Tamara (Dubai).
With varying levels of expertise in software development, data, cloud, machine learning, artificial intelligence, UX design, web development, etc, we providing unparalleled opportunities to technology talent worldwide while reshaping industries, disrupting traditional business models, and creating new opportunities for innovation and growth.
We do hard things!
ABOUT THE ROLE
You will own and lead all aspects of product development for an advanced data intelligence platform.
Some responsibilities of the role are:
- Develop Product strategy and roadmap for the Data platform
- Drive adoption of data centric culture across the organisation
- Collaborate with stakeholders to understand use cases and develop requirements
- Manage scope of development for new product features and ongoing feature improvements, backlog grooming, triage and prioritization, and cross-functional coordination to ensure completion within timelines, budget and scope
- Drive overall project progress by distilling requirements into actionable instructions for data engineers and scientists with sufficient accuracy and context
- Write and prioritize user stories and define acceptance criteria
- Understand and communicate project objectives to all team members, ensuring task designation and role requirements
- Track progress, assess risks, coordinate delivery, and actively communicate contingency and mitigation plans for the team
- Involve key stakeholders from the leadership team at the appropriate stages of the project
- Work closely with data scientists and data engineers, while collaborating productively with the Technology, Product, Marketing, and Business teams
- 7+ years of industry experience building data products with a proven record of successfully delivering high-quality product features
- Data-driven mindset and approach to decision making and gaining actionable insights
- Proven ability to complete projects on time, on budget, and to scope defined
- Experience running large projects using software development tracking tools (e.g. Jira) and project management tools (e.g. Asana)
- Experience with data analytics platforms (Google Analytics, Heap/MixPanel, etc.)
- Strong familiarity with project management methodologies and best practices
- Basic understanding of distributed computing environments like AWS/GCP/Azure
- Clear and concise communication abilities to be a bridge between multiple teams, both technical and non-technical
- Experience managing projects with remote teams is a big plus
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in business management or related fields OR Bachelor’s or higher degree in a STEM discipline with a Master’s degree in business management. PhD is a plus.
YOU WILL LOVE THIS JOB IF YOU:
- Initiative & Courage: You have an owners’ approach and you are proactive with what needs to be done; you also embrace risks and failure
- Humility & Adaptability: You have a beginners’ mindset and you always seek to learn; you are also flexible and embrace pivoting
- Possibility & Adventure: You are passionate about life, you have a growth mindset and you can thrive on uncertain circumstances and uncharted territory
- Resilience: You tackle difficult situations with a can-do attitude and are relentless in the pursuit of your goals
- Emergent Leadership: You are aware, and can manage, your emotions and those of others very well, you also have an empathetic, collaborative approach to leadership and you love working with others
We would also like to remind you that this is a remote job, which means that you can work from anywhere in the world. However, we have a preference for a GMT to GMT +4 time zone.