At Therma° we are combating climate change by building the smart cold chain. We’re a mission-driven team of experienced entrepreneurs, engineers, and food industry professionals creating IoT-powered technology that ensures safety and sustainability, from farm to fork.
This role reports directly to the Chief Technology Officer and is based out of our US headquarters located in San Francisco, CA (remote time zone during Covid-19 pandemic). This position requires some time overlap with our Cebu, Philippines office, and the ideal candidate is based in PST.
- 4+ years of professional work experience building and maintaining full-stack applications
- 2+ years’ management experience leading teams within a distributed development environment
- Advanced proficiency with Node.js, Angular.js, and PostgreSQL
- Intermediate proficiency with AWS and container-based infrastructures (Kubernetes, Docker)
- Demonstrable experience building publicly-consumable APIs and platforms
- UX training and working knowledge of PHP preferred
- Prior experience working within an early-stage technology company environment, preferably within the Enterprise SaaS and/or IoT Hardware space
- $150k – $200k salary
- 0.25% – 0.5% equity
Therma° is a technology startup that builds IoT-powered temperature monitoring and analytics, which prevent food, product, and energy waste, the major drivers of climate change. Deployed across industry leaders, including McDonalds, Burger King, Domino's, TGI Fridays, 7-Eleven and Wyndham Hotels, we partner with diverse organizations, from national restaurant brands to top supply chain businesses in food and healthcare, to increase profits while protecting our planet.
Founded by experienced entrepreneurs from Harvard, Columbia and UC Santa Barbara, we’re a mission-driven team passionate about food, climate and health. We are headquartered in San Francisco, and supported by experienced venture capitalists including D. E. Shaw, Deciens Capital, Sequoia Capital, Govtech Fund, Collaborative Fund, and Social Capital.
At Therma°, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.