Sitting in Downtown Shreveport, we are a family-owned boutique hotel steeped in history and charm. Our exciting new chapter started in 2006, when the hotel started an expansion and renovation project that included new spacious event areas.
What you’ll do
We are looking for a Hotel Front Desk Agent to serve as our guests’ first point of contact and manage all aspects of their accommodation. Ultimately, you will help create a pleasant and memorable stay for our guests. Hotel Front Desk Agent responsibilities include registering guests, managing reservations, and providing information about rooms, rates and amenities. If you have a knack for customer service and work experience in the hotel industry, we’d like to meet you!
Hotel Front Desk Agent responsibilities include:
- Performing all check-in and check-out tasks
- Managing online and phone reservations
- Informing customers about payment methods and verifying their credit card data
- Registering guests and collecting necessary information (like contact details and exact dates of their stay)
- Welcoming guests upon their arrival and assigning rooms
- Providing information about our hotel, available rooms, rates, and amenities
- Responding to clients’ complaints in a timely and professional manner
- Liaising with our housekeeping staff to ensure all rooms are clean, tidy, and fully furnished to accommodate guests’ needs
- Confirming group reservations and arranging personalized services for VIP customers and event attendees, like wedding guests
- Upselling additional facilities and services, when appropriate
- Maintaining updated records of bookings and payments
Requirements and skills
- Work experience as a Hotel Front Desk Agent, Receptionist, or similar role
- Experience with hotel reservations software, like WebRezPro, FDA, Cloudbeds, OpenKey and RoomKeyPMS
- Understanding of how travel planning websites operate, like Booking and TripAdvisor
- Customer service attitude
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Studies in hotel management is a plus
A great Hotel Front Desk Agent has a talent for customer service and previous work experience in the hotel industry. They are pleasant and helpful, welcoming, and professional, knowing these traits represent the hotel’s standing. They must have the ability to stand for long periods of time and knowledge of basic computer skills. They are ready to greet with a smile and offer necessary assistance to hotel guests creating an experience for the client.
What we offer
Our hotel is steeped in history. We are continually modernizing, embracing art, and staffed with caring individuals offering a memorable experience. Each employee is valued for their individual skills and talents. We are committed to providing unique experiences, embracing new ideas inspiring a constant cycle of creativity.
We offer all employees Day one Discounts, flexible schedules, exposure to art and music, weekly pay schedule, competitive pay, and a family-owned environment.
Where we’re going
This is a wonderful opportunity to redefine the services we provide to our guests and give them a special experience that will break away from the norm and create our hotel’s own unique style.
Building a team with a passion for making people’s lives better is our goal. We provide an exciting work environment, and we are looking for self-motivated people who are go-getters and don’t need to be told what to do. Our team members' personalities shine here and make our guests’ stays with us all the more memorable after having met them.