Sitting in Downtown Shreveport, we are a family-owned boutique hotel steeped in history and charm. Our exciting new chapter started in 2006, when the hotel started an expansion and renovation project that included new spacious event areas.
A Facilities Supervisor maintains and oversees a company’s grounds, buildings, and equipment to ensure that a workspace is safe and functional. Their duties include negotiating contracts with service providers, inspecting facilities to meet safety regulations and coordinating renovations and updates.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Two to three years of prior experience in management: coaching, motivating, developing,. and leading a team in multi-unit or locations is preferred.
- Strong planning, organization skills, and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be innovative and strive for continuous process improvement.
- MS Office, Internet skills required.
Duties and Responsibilities
A Facilities Supervisor performs many maintenance, safety and management tasks that promote a clean and safe working environment for the building’s employees, including:
- Monitoring the safety and cleanliness of interior and exterior areas, such as offices, conference rooms, parking lots and outdoor recreation spaces
- Performing routine maintenance on facilities and making repairs as needed
- Scheduling routine inspections and emergency repairs with outside vendors
- Ensuring proper security measures for the workplace, including collaborating with security system vendors or a team of security professionals
- Maintaining day-to-day operations of facilities, such as delegating or completing maintenance orders
- Creating reports on maintenance, repairs, safety and other occurrences for supervisors and other relevant staff
- Preparing facilities for changing weather conditions
- Collaborating with building owners and upper management on budgeting for facilities needs
- Developing and maintaining productive, working relationships with Independent Contractors (IC) by communicating priorities and collaborating on solving problems
- Reviewing scope of work and ensuring quality assurance per account to retain existing business and gain new business
- Communicating with Facility team daily for any issues that need immediate attention
- Making recommendations for work assignments, managing client standards and company guidelines and discharging if not meeting service level agreement
- Ensuring compliance with client policies & procedures, approved cleaning tools and equipment and their proper use
- Other duties as necessary
What we offer
Our hotel is steeped in history. We are continually modernizing, embracing art, and staffed with caring individuals offering a memorable experience. Each employee is valued for their individual skills and talents. We are committed to providing unique experiences, embracing new ideas inspiring a constant cycle of creativity.
We offer all employees Day one Discounts, flexible schedules, exposure to art and music, weekly pay schedule, competitive pay, and a family-owned environment.
• The physical demands are representative of requirements that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Constant sitting, bending, standing, and walking. Ability to lift up to 75 pounds.
$40,000-$90,000 annually, depending on level of expertise, skills, and qualifications
Where we’re going
This is a wonderful opportunity to redefine the services we provide to our guests and give them a special experience that will break away from the norm and create our hotel’s own unique style.
Building a team with a passion for making people’s lives better is our goal. We provide an exciting work environment, and we are looking for self-motivated people who are go-getters and don’t need to be told what to do. Our team members' personalities shine here and make our guests’ stays with us all the more memorable after having met them.