Sitting in Downtown Shreveport, we are a family-owned boutique hotel steeped in history and charm. Our exciting new chapter started in 2006, when the hotel started an expansion and renovation project that included new spacious event areas.
What you’ll do
As the General Manager, you are responsible for maximizing the financial performance of the hotel, providing the highest possible quality guest service and product, and encouraging a positive work environment for all employees with teamwork and performance.
Some of your responsibilities include
- Functioning as the primary strategic leader of the hotel with responsibility for all aspects of the operation, including guest and employee satisfaction, financial performance, and revenue generation.
- Driving the sales culture in the hotel through active involvement in the sales process, including developing effective revenue management strategies and setting aggressive goals that will drive the property’s financial performance.
- Defining annual budget and business plan, setting quarterly financial and operational goals, and planning expenses.
- Monitoring actual sales and revenues to determine variance and assess goal accomplishments.
- Creating an environment in which all employees can reach their full potential.
What we offer
Our hotel is steeped in history. We are continually modernizing, embracing art, and staffed with caring individuals offering a memorable experience. Each employee is valued for their individual skills and talents. We are committed to providing unique experiences, embracing new ideas inspiring a constant cycle of creativity.
We offer all employees Day one Discounts, flexible schedules, exposure to art and music, weekly pay schedule, competitive pay, and a family-owned environment.
General Manager Benefits:
- Competitive compensation, commensurate upon experience, including base pay and bonus
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Networking expenses covered
You’re the perfect fit if
- You have operational knowledge of entrepreneurial boutique hotels
- You have a passion for hospitality, demonstrated by a progressive hotel career
- You are technologically savvy and have a strong understanding of Social Media
- You have proven experience maximizing hotel occupancy and profit through rate optimization
- You display strong hands-on operational skills and thrive in customer interactions
- You are able to work in a fast paced and creative work environment
What you’ll bring
- Upper-level management experience in hospitality (4-10 years)
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Ability to encourage, lead and manage a team by example
- High level of creativity, enthusiasm, and flexibility
- Strong technological and computer skills
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills both internally and externally
- Ability to convert vision into specific and tangible actions to benefit the property
$45,000-$80,000 annually, depending on level of expertise, skills, and qualifications
Where we’re going
This is a wonderful opportunity to redefine the services we provide to our guests and give them a special experience that will break away from the norm and create our hotel’s own unique style.
Building a team with a passion for making people’s lives better is our goal. We provide an exciting work environment, and we are looking for self-motivated people who are go-getters and don’t need to be told what to do. Our team members' personalities shine here and make our guests’ stays with us all the more memorable after having met them.