The RealReal is the world’s largest online marketplace for authenticated, resale luxury goods. Through our work, we are committed to contributing to a sustainable future, both for fashion and for our employees. Authenticity is a core component of our business; we value it in our products and we celebrate it across our teams by encouraging every TRR employee to bring their REAL authentic selves to work each day. We’re hiring, and we’d love for you to join our dynamic team!
This Senior Technical Manager, Watches will report to the Director of FJW. Key functions include setting the standard for authentication across watchmakers and watch specialists in all authentication centers. Additionally, this role will establish standards for repair services, diagnostics, as well as establishing the tools, processes, and equipment, utilized by the company’s watchmakers. The Senior Technical Manager will work in partnership with our Training & Development teams to establish best-in-class training and standards, and establish consistent best practices for authentication and identification. Additionally, this role will work with production managers to meet production goals.
Compensation | Benefits | Perks
- Group Health Insurance - Medical, Vision, Dental
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- 401K (with company matching up to $1K)
- Unlimited DTO (discretionary time off) with manager approval
- $50 in monthly food credits to apply to snacks and meals that are available for purchase on site
- State of the art, climate-controlled warehouse facility
What You Get To Do Every Day
- 10+ years experience managing a Technical Service Center
- 5+ years experience in watch authentication
- Expert technical ability, including brand, model, movement and material identification, secondary market pricing principles and estimation know-how and proficiency
- Expert knowledge of watch history, authentication principles, design, manufacturing and secondary market; concentration in major European luxury brands, preferred
- Thorough understanding of international hallmarking systems
- Ability to handle multiple complex, time sensitive situations
- Proven problem solving skills with a strong commitment to action
- The skills to work effectively and collaboratively in teams to meet shared goals and deadlines, and foster cross-functional partnerships
- Demonstrated ability to self start, maximize productivity, and anticipate organizational needs
- Ability to translate watch industry standards to The RealReal’s standards
- Strong, tactical decision-maker; handles unforeseen issues
- Team player able to work effectively and collaboratively across all departments to meet goals and deadlines.
What You Bring To The Role
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university required. Concentration and/or advanced degree in art history and/or watchmaking preferred
- CT21, SODA and/or WOSTEP diploma required
- Brand certification from one or more major watch brands required
- Minimum 15 years watch industry & related experience
The expected salary range for this role is $117,007.00 - $140,760.00. To determine starting pay we carefully consider a variety of factors, including primary work location and an evaluation of a candidate’s skills, experience, market demands, and internal parity. Additionally, salary is just one component of TRR’s total rewards package. Depending on role, employees may also be eligible for a bonus program, incentive pay and benefits.
GHR7684 #LI-LZ15 #LI-Onsite
The RealReal is the world’s largest online marketplace for authenticated, resale luxury goods, with more than 30 million members. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe and reliable platform for consumers to buy and sell their luxury items. We have hundreds of in-house gemologists, horologists and brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by thousands of brands across numerous categories—including women's and men's fashion, fine jewelry and watches, art and home—in support of the circular economy. We make selling effortless with free virtual appointments, in-home pickup, drop-off and direct shipping. We do all of the work for consignors, including authenticating, using AI and machine learning to determine optimal pricing, photographing and listing their items, as well as handling shipping and customer service. At our 13 retail locations, including our twelve shoppable stores, customers can sell, meet with our experts and receive free valuations.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records. At TRR, People Come First. That’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our Diversity Equity and Inclusion program here.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.