The RealReal is the world’s largest online marketplace for authenticated, resale luxury goods. Through our work, we are committed to contributing to a sustainable future, both for fashion and for our employees. Authenticity is a core component of our business; we value it in our products and we celebrate it across our teams by encouraging every TRR employee to bring their REAL authentic selves to work each day. We’re hiring, and we’d love for you to join our dynamic team!
The Sales & Operations Analytics Manager is a strategic thinker with strong analytical skills. In this role, you will provide strategic analysis to identify and evaluate trends in the business. The Manager will be responsible for building models, reviewing and building reporting, and making recommendations to increase supply and drive overall growth. Responsibilities will range from strategic (e.g., driving analyses to redesign and optimize our Sales models, recommending on headcount and opex investments) to operational/tactical (e.g., setting goals, driving plan implementation and ensuring effective reporting). You will be asked to project manage and drive cross-functional initiatives between Sales, Marketing, Operations, and Product teams to help make our sales organization the most productive in the space.
As the Sales & Operations Analytics Manager, you are results oriented and thrive in a highly ambiguous environment. You know how to be scrappy but operate as part of a larger team and business. You are someone who is willing to roll up their sleeves, take ownership, and are focused on delivering results. You love diving deep and using data to identify opportunities and guide improvements.
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Maintain a working knowledge of the entire end-to-end Sales process at TRR
- Drive special projects and provide analytical support to senior Sales leaders
- Oversee Sales piloting and testing
- Manage cross-functional projects with our sales, partner management, operations, product, engineering, business operations and BD teams to improve the merchant experience and achieve targets
- Develop, instrument, and maintain sales Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and support the rhythm of the business through weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting
- Evaluate business performance, diagnose root causes, and prescribe action informed by data-driven insights
- Build models to evaluate the economics, value, and opportunity costs of strategic initiatives intended to multiply rep productivity
- Design initiatives to amplify team performance and productivity; work with cross-functional teams to drive execution
- Define and manage the development of tools, systems, and process used across merchant-facing teams
- Manage deal desk and pricing; drive agreement closure and deal terms compliance
- Partner with leadership to develop go-to-market strategy, define resource needs and allocation
What You Bring To The Role
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 5+ years of work experience in relevant analytical fields, e.g., sales operations, consulting, etc.
- Experience with forecasting, piloting/testing, and working cross-functionally
- Expert knowledge of Excel and experience in financial modeling required, SQL knowledge preferred
- Ability to present high volume data in a concise, clear manner and derive actionable business insight
- Experience developing/improving processes and creating plans to increase efficiency
- Strong team player; experience working effectively cross-functionally and across different levels of the company
- Proven track record of managing and executing large projects from start to finish, including project management, data gathering and modeling, problem solving and communicating recommendations
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency and drive
- Travel 5%
Compensation | Benefits | Perks
Employee Stock Purchase Plan (purchase stock @ discounted rates)
401K (with company matching up to $1000)
Medical, Dental & Vision
Paid Parental Leave
Discretionary Time Off (DTO) & 9 Paid Holidays
An hour of paid sick leave for every 30 hours worked
The expected salary range for this role is $101,745.00 - $130,815.00. To determine starting pay we carefully consider a variety of factors, including primary work location and an evaluation of a candidate’s skills, experience, market demands, and internal parity. Additionally, salary is just one component of TRR’s total rewards package. Depending on role, employees may also be eligible for a bonus program, incentive pay and benefits.
GHR7652 #LI-ES30 #LI-Hybrid
The RealReal is the world’s largest online marketplace for authenticated, resale luxury goods, with more than 30 million members. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe and reliable platform for consumers to buy and sell their luxury items. We have hundreds of in-house gemologists, horologists and brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by thousands of brands across numerous categories—including women's and men's fashion, fine jewelry and watches, art and home—in support of the circular economy. We make selling effortless with free virtual appointments, in-home pickup, drop-off and direct shipping. We do all of the work for consignors, including authenticating, using AI and machine learning to determine optimal pricing, photographing and listing their items, as well as handling shipping and customer service. At our 13 retail locations, including our twelve shoppable stores, customers can sell, meet with our experts and receive free valuations.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records. At TRR, People Come First. That’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our Diversity Equity and Inclusion program here.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.