We are looking for a bright and kind individual who is motivated by challenge and energized by growing, developing and inspiring people; is passionate about delivering quality to our consignors and customers and is operationally-savvy. This role will be responsible for helping to manage a large scale warehouse facility in one of the fastest growing eCommerce companies on the planet! You will assist in managing a team of Warehouse Technicians and Warehouse processes to achieve our goals and have fun doing it. In this role, you will own strategic planning and drive execution of department and building-wide initiatives to support our company goals.
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Manage daily operations to maximize productivity and meet daily operational goals
- Manages 4-6 subordinate supervisors who supervise +100 employees in the Fulfillment Department Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units
- Ensure productivity standards are met by communicating personal and team key performance indicators
- Oversee inventory management; New and returned product restock, Cycle counting, Supplies, Warehouse layout optimization
- Oversee outbound fulfillment activities - Pick, pack, ship orders
- Lead staff management: to include interviewing, hiring, scheduling, training, corrective action and write/conduct performance reviews for assigned associates
- Ensure all assigned employees are aware of and comply with company, government, and customer policies, procedures, and regulations
- Perform administrative activities associated with the effective management of warehouse operations, including maintenance, housekeeping, and organization
- Promote a culture of respect and an atmosphere or teamwork to foster a positive working environment
- Recommend improvements to operational flows and reassign staff, as necessary
- Establish operational procedures for verification of incoming and outgoing shipments, handling and disposition of merchandise, and keeping of warehouse inventory
- Manage all aspects of performance and development for warehouse associates
- Ensure time job observations and audits are completed and feedback is provided through coaching and training
- Manage all associate relations issues and functions
- Lead investigations for incidents and injuries , as required, and perform root cause analysis.
- Actively support and participate in all safety initiatives in the warehouse
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws
What You Bring To The Role
- 1-2 years of experience leading and managing a team of 30
- College degree preferred
- Experience in warehouse operations preferred
- Exceptional attention to detail skills highly preferred
- Workflow and process management experience
- Extensive experience with MS – Excel, Word, PowerPoint, & web-based software
- Agile, dynamic, problem-solving mindset
- Ability to “push the envelope” to always improve customer SLA’s and value-added
- Shipping and carrier (UPS, FedEx, DHL) experience a plus
- Ability to relay verbal and written information concisely and effectively
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively with diverse personalities
- Strategic, forward-thinking perspective, excellent business judgment, and a collaborative
- A sense of humor, personal integrity, and the appreciation for the power of teamwork
- Strong leadership ability in managing and developing a high performing team
The expected salary range for this role is $57,317.00 - $73,693.00. To determine starting pay we carefully consider a variety of factors, including primary work location and an evaluation of a candidate’s skills, experience, market demands, and internal parity. Additionally, salary is just one component of TRR’s total rewards package. Depending on role, employees may also be eligible for a bonus program, incentive pay and benefits.
GHR7243 #LI-RO46 #LI-Onsite
The RealReal is the world’s largest online marketplace for authenticated, resale luxury goods, with more than 20 million members. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe and reliable platform for consumers to buy and sell their luxury items. We have hundreds of in-house gemologists, horologists and brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by thousands of brands across numerous categories—including women's and men's fashion, fine jewelry and watches, art and home—in support of the circular economy. We make selling effortless with free virtual appointments, in-home pickup, drop-off and direct shipping. We do all of the work for consignors, including authenticating, using AI and machine learning to determine optimal pricing, photographing and listing their items, as well as handling shipping and customer service. At our 13 retail locations, including our eight shoppable stores, customers can sell, meet with our experts and receive free valuations.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records. At TRR, People Come First. That’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our Diversity Equity and Inclusion program here.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.