The Account Luxury Manager (ALM) is a key sales position at The RealReal. As an ALM, you will use your sales and relationship acumen to drive repeat business by acquiring consigned items from our existing clients.
You have an entrepreneurial spirit and can adapt to shifting priorities to achieve and exceed sales goals. You're customer-obsessed, adaptable, and passionate about luxury brands, fashion, and sustainability.
Above all, you embody the TRR culture through collaboration, driving results, and building for the future.
Compensation | Benefits | Perks
- Base Pay PLUS uncapped commission
- $1,500/month + additional $500 bonus potential (at target) - top performers over $3,500/month
- Annual Elite Club Trip for top performers
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (purchase stock @ discounted rates)
- Monthly sales competitions (i.e. cash | prizes | site credit | stock)
- 401K (with company matching up to $1000)
- Medical, Dental & Vision
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Drive new sales from established consignors
- Follow-up on sales leads generated by marketing team
- Leverage strong consignor relationships to gain referrals for new consignors
- Outreach daily to existing clients (50-100 per day)
- Attend client appointments (typically less than 60 miles one way - mileage reimbursed)
- Provide an outstanding customer experience
- Review contract with client during virtual or at-home appointments
- We’ll train you to set pricing expectations and develop deep knowledge of luxury
What You Bring To The Role
- Motivated by a competitive spirit to excel and achieve in a sales driven environment
- Ability to build rapport, establish trust, provide empathy and build credibility with clients quickly
- Efficiency and strong organizational, time management and communication skills
- Ability to use technological tools with ease G-Suite, Email, SalesForce, CRM
- Ability to commit to 40 hours per week and occasionally work off-hours
- Must live within 25 miles of assigned territory
- Ability to meet with clients in person regularly anywhere in assigned territory
- A current, valid driver’s license (except in Manhattan and Chicago markets)
- Car insurance that meets or exceeds local requirements
- A satisfactory Motor Vehicle Record (MVR)
The expected salary for this role is $50,000. To determine starting pay we carefully consider a variety of factors, including primary work location and an evaluation of a candidate’s skills, experience, market demands, and internal parity. Additionally, salary is just one component of TRR’s total rewards package. Depending on role, employees may also be eligible for a bonus program, incentive pay and benefits.
GHR7189 #LI-SM50 #LI-Hybrid
The RealReal is the world’s largest online marketplace for authenticated, resale luxury goods, with more than 20 million members. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe and reliable platform for consumers to buy and sell their luxury items. We have hundreds of in-house gemologists, horologists and brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by thousands of brands across numerous categories—including women's and men's fashion, fine jewelry and watches, art and home—in support of the circular economy. We make selling effortless with free virtual appointments, in-home pickup, drop-off and direct shipping. We do all of the work for consignors, including authenticating, using AI and machine learning to determine optimal pricing, photographing and listing their items, as well as handling shipping and customer service. At our 13 retail locations, including our eight shoppable stores, customers can sell, meet with our experts and receive free valuations.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records. At TRR, People Come First. That’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our Diversity Equity and Inclusion program here.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.