The Retail Consignor Specialist (Retail Associate) is a key customer service position in our Retail stores at The RealReal. As a Retail Consignor Specialist, you are goal-oriented and driven to achieve and exceed goals. You're client-obsessed, adaptable, and passionate about luxury brands, fashion, and sustainability. Above all, you embody the TRR culture through collaboration, driving results, and building for the future.
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Provide high level of personalized service to each consignor
- Educate clients on The RealReal mission and business structure
- Responsible for clearly setting consignor expectations
- Demonstrate active listening and evaluation skills to qualify and nurture consignor relations
- Carefully review and process all items for shipment to ensure they are cataloged and up to our very high-quality standards
- Safely handle and care for all luxury items
- Build brand loyalty by delivering a best in class client experience.
What You Bring To The Role
- Ability to commit to 25 hours per week
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed
- A can-do attitude with the ability to multitask and pivot with shifting business needs
- Passion about client service and the ability to establish trust
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Ability to use technological tools with ease
- Passion for the luxury brands and fashion.
GHR6471 #LI-KR50 #LI-Onsite
The RealReal is the world’s largest online marketplace for authenticated, resale luxury goods, with more than 20 million members. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe and reliable platform for consumers to buy and sell their luxury items. We have hundreds of in-house gemologists, horologists and brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by thousands of brands across numerous categories—including women's and men's fashion, fine jewelry and watches, art and home—in support of the circular economy. We make selling effortless with free virtual appointments, in-home pickup, drop-off and direct shipping. We do all of the work for consignors, including authenticating, using AI and machine learning to determine optimal pricing, photographing and listing their items, as well as handling shipping and customer service. At our 13 retail locations, including our eight shoppable stores, customers can sell, meet with our experts and receive free valuations.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records. At TRR, People Come First. That’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our Diversity Equity and Inclusion program here.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.