The RealReal is looking to hire a Senior Network and Security Engineer to join our team. You will be responsible for the deployment and maintenance of the company's LAN/WAN environment, SDWAN solutions and Cloud VOIP contact center system. As our senior network security engineer, you will oversee the daily upkeep and administration of the company's network infrastructure with a strong emphasis on security. We build for the future, see around corners, and focus on automating current and future processes through scripting. Join The RealReal and solve technical problems that matter!
This position is in-person 4-5 days a week, based in our Phoenix, AZ location and will report to our Vice President, Information Technology.
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Deploy and maintain new sites as needed including LAN/WAN and wireless networks
- Deploy, maintain, expand our SDWAN network
- Monitor the existing LAN/WAN infrastructure
- Resolve production issues minimizing system down time, and ensuring that the network is operational
- Proactively identify and correct network issues, bandwidth bottlenecks, and upgrade/update hardware as needed
- Maintain the cloud based contact center infrastructure (Genesys Purecloud)
- Develop network health and status report
- Create and maintain network documentation
- Address any vulnerabilities from penetration testing that might be exploited by a malicious party
- Work closely with the Information Security department to maintain the network secured and compliant and develop a set of network security standards and best practices for the organization
- Recommend security enhancements to management as needed and develop strategies to respond to and recover from security incidents/breaches.
What You Bring To The Role
- 7+ years relevant experience in a similar position
- Layer 2 and Layer 3 switching including STP, RSTP
- Able to travel regularly for new implementations
- Routing, switching, and wireless technologies
- Converged networks (voice, data)
- Solarwinds Orion or equivalent monitoring tool
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, etc. OR Bachelor’s Degree and related Network Engineering experience
Required Technical Knowledge
- expert knowledge of Palo-Alto firewalls and Panorama
- expert knowledge of Cisco Meraki / iOS Switching and Access Point
- experience with Juniper Switching
- strong knowledge of SDWAN technologies ideally Viptela
- strong experience with Network monitoring tool ideally Solarwinds Orion
- AWS networking experience
- Linux / Unix and/or Windows operating systems, systems administration, utilities, tools, and applications
- experience with a configuration management solution (chef, puppet, ansible, etc.)
- Network and Cyber security concepts.
Want to learn more about our team at The RealReal? Check out our Technology & Product Blog!
GHR6467 #LI-KC41 #LI-Onsite
The RealReal is the world’s largest online marketplace for authenticated, resale luxury goods, with more than 20 million members. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe and reliable platform for consumers to buy and sell their luxury items. We have hundreds of in-house gemologists, horologists and brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by thousands of brands across numerous categories—including women's and men's fashion, fine jewelry and watches, art and home—in support of the circular economy. We make selling effortless with free virtual appointments, in-home pickup, drop-off and direct shipping. We do all of the work for consignors, including authenticating, using AI and machine learning to determine optimal pricing, photographing and listing their items, as well as handling shipping and customer service. At our 13 retail locations, including our eight shoppable stores, customers can sell, meet with our experts and receive free valuations.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records. At TRR, People Come First. That’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our Diversity Equity and Inclusion program here.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.