The RealReal is looking for motivated, self-driven, independent, entrepreneurial individuals who have a passion for luxury products and working with a discriminating clientele. The Luxury Sales Associate will focus on being out in the field to identify and bring in new business, build on existing accounts and bring in new luxury products for the country’s largest authenticated online luxury consignment marketplace.This is a part-time, commission-only position.
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Generate consignments by leveraging your existing connections as well as personal and professional contacts that can include but are not limited to stylists, personal shoppers, boutique owners, sales associates, and friends and acquaintances
- Maintain client relationships.
- Develop and implement marketing strategies to identify new and repeat consignments with The RealReal
- Achieve monthly expectations consisting of units SKU’d, Average Unit Retail value, and new consignors.
- Meet with consignors in their home to set price expectations, take possession of the merchandise they have identified and also try to identify additional items they would be willing to consign
- Utilize your training and knowledge of luxury merchandise to carefully review with the consignor, ensure all items are up to TRR quality standards and on the current Designer List and process all items for shipment
Record consignment via utilization of our internal tools, then process and ship to the designated RealReal warehouse(s).
What You Bring To The Role
- A strong network of professional or personal contacts who can provide a recurring source of consignments
- Deep knowledge of and a passion for luxury brands for multiple categories; women’s, men’s, fine jewelry, watches, home, and art
- A high degree of business acumen, sophistication, and the ability to establish trust is critical where this position requires the person to work directly with very discriminating clientele
- A strong sales ability and an entrepreneurial spirit with great attention to detail and customer service.
- Previous experience in outside sales, luxury retail, styling, or public relations is desired but not essential
- Active in community and charitable organizations is a plus
- Demonstrated track record of meeting & exceeding monthly goals
- Ability to master multiple technical devices and systems
- A current, valid driver’s license (except in Manhattan and Chicago markets)
- Car insurance that meets or exceeds local requirements
- A satisfactory Motor Vehicle Record (MVR).
GHR6413 #LI-SF38 #LI-Hybrid
The RealReal is the world’s largest online marketplace for authenticated, resale luxury goods, with more than 20 million members. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe and reliable platform for consumers to buy and sell their luxury items. We have hundreds of in-house gemologists, horologists and brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by thousands of brands across numerous categories—including women's and men's fashion, fine jewelry and watches, art and home—in support of the circular economy. We make selling effortless with free virtual appointments, in-home pickup, drop-off and direct shipping. We do all of the work for consignors, including authenticating, using AI and machine learning to determine optimal pricing, photographing and listing their items, as well as handling shipping and customer service. At our 13 retail locations, including our eight shoppable stores, customers can sell, meet with our experts and receive free valuations.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records. At TRR, People Come First. That’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our Diversity Equity and Inclusion program here.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.