The RealReal’s mobile engineering team is looking for an experienced, people-focused, and empathetic Engineering Manager to join our company to help propel the next generation of features forward for our evolving audience. We build all of the customer-facing features in the native iOS and Android applications and enable some of our most engaged customers to utilize our service. We’re motivated by our ability to continue delivering value and delightful experiences to our clients.
You will manage a team of mobile engineers building all the customer-facing, retail, and fulfillment mobile products and solutions—not just features— and contribute to their overall success. You will spend your time helping your team focus their time where they are needed most. Your commitment to applying mobile technology to business challenges in innovative ways will make you a trusted advisor to your partners and your team. We expect the person in this role to take the primary seat of supporting and coaching your engineers, but we are also looking for someone willing and able to dive into the code who can bring client-side experience in iOS and/or Android.
You'll be working on problems like
- Rethinking mobile app navigation patterns better to unlock the flywheel of a two-sided marketplace
- Creating design frameworks that make it faster and easier for mobile teams to build accessible features for our users with higher quality.
This role reports to the Senior Engineering Manager of Customer Retention and can be fully remote in the U.S.
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Manage, mentor, and inspire a growing team of talented engineers
- Partner with Product in an evident and critical area of The RealReal business
- Contribute to the technical direction of our iOS app as a whole
- Develop features to advance fashion and the circular economy / sustainable eCommerce
- Mentor and learn from peers through pull requests and pairing
- Collaborate on a multi-disciplinary, highly performant team to build the future of the company
- Directly impact our customers, consignments, and earnings
What You Bring To The Role
- 5+ years of hands-on experience as an iOS developer using Swift, Objective-C, UIKit, Combine, RxSwift, SwiftUI, and XCode in an agile environment
- 2+ years of demonstrated experience building, leading, and growing highly-effective teams
- Exceptional critical thinking and analytical skills, possessing the ability to understand complex systems and their associated data quickly
- Deep experience building multi-module iOS apps using Clean Architecture or MVVM patterns
- Experience working within environments heavily focused on TDD, automation, and DevSecOps concepts to deliver rapidly and iterate on products and features
- Experience with native and remote analytics, crash, and instrumentation tools
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills
- Experience with Android development and best practices using Kotlin
- Experience with GraphQL and Apollo code generation
Want to learn more about our team at The RealReal? Check out our Technology & Product Blog!
GHR6312 #LI-TL51 #LI-Remote
The RealReal is the world’s largest online marketplace for authenticated, resale luxury goods, with more than 20 million members. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe and reliable platform for consumers to buy and sell their luxury items. We have hundreds of in-house gemologists, horologists and brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by thousands of brands across numerous categories—including women's and men's fashion, fine jewelry and watches, art and home—in support of the circular economy. We make selling effortless with free virtual appointments, in-home pickup, drop-off and direct shipping. We do all of the work for consignors, including authenticating, using AI and machine learning to determine optimal pricing, photographing and listing their items, as well as handling shipping and customer service. At our 13 retail locations, including our eight shoppable stores, customers can sell, meet with our experts and receive free valuations.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records. At TRR, People Come First. That’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our Diversity Equity and Inclusion program here.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.