As a Valuation Manager at TheRealReal, you will facilitate day-to-day valuation appointments, servicing clients that visit our Luxury Consignment Office. This includes pricing and authenticating items across our dynamic acceptance standards. As a subject-matter expert, you will be responsible for supporting supply drives through valuations, remote pricing and educating our consignors, customers and your peers. You’ll bring your passion and expertise of the market to the table and translate this into a world-class experience. We’re looking for a process-driven individual who has extraordinary attention to detail and wants to hone their expertise.
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Facilitate Luxury Consignment Office appointments, working with clients to provide a relaxed non-contentious experience that educates them on the value of their jewelry and watches in our marketplace
- Maintain strong understanding of pricing trends and the sell-through velocity of their respective category in our marketplace by working with Pricing and Merchandising teams
- Keeps up to date with changes and trends in the luxury market; understands Authentication and Brand Compliance standards by collaborating cross-functionally with High Risk Authentication and Expert Development Managers
- Communicate pricing and authentication methodologies in live appointment setting
- Accountable for the sell-through and velocity of all product brought in through the Luxury Consignment Office
- Accountable for the conversion rate of appointments to consignments
- Accountable for all other requests as necessary to support the Luxury Consignment Office as determined by the business leaders
What You Bring To The Role
- Must be flexible to work certain weekend days
- Bachelor's degree from accredited college or university preferred
- 2-5 years experience working in the luxury space in a customer facing role
- Sales experience encouraged
- Graduate Gemologist certification from the Gemological Institute of America required
- Passion for delivering a luxury experience each and every day
- Gemological identification experience along with pricing expertise
- Knowledge of watch industry pricing and authenticity
- Polished, professional presentation skills
- Ability to handle multiple complex, time sensitive situations while remaining calm, cool and collected
- Effective communicator (both verbal and written)
- Demonstrates the skill and willingness to take initiative and to proactively anticipate organizational needs including the ability to meet external and internal deadlines as required
- Ability to foresee potential obstacles well in advance of campaign launch dates and to problem solve in order to ensure proper execution of Valuation office processes
GHR6229 #LI-ES30 #LI-Onsite
The RealReal is the world’s largest online marketplace for authenticated, resale luxury goods, with more than 20 million members. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe and reliable platform for consumers to buy and sell their luxury items. We have hundreds of in-house gemologists, horologists and brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by thousands of brands across numerous categories—including women's and men's fashion, fine jewelry and watches, art and home—in support of the circular economy. We make selling effortless with free virtual appointments, in-home pickup, drop-off and direct shipping. We do all of the work for consignors, including authenticating, using AI and machine learning to determine optimal pricing, photographing and listing their items, as well as handling shipping and customer service. At our 13 retail locations, including our eight shoppable stores, customers can sell, meet with our experts and receive free valuations.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records. At TRR, People Come First. That’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our Diversity Equity and Inclusion program here.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.