As the IT Manager you will oversee the Phoenix IT team and support our remote offices throughout the country, including systems, A/V, and hardware. In this hands-on role, you will be a key member of the team supporting our growing workforce. We are looking for a candidate with experience creating and executing an IT strategy while actively helping out with the day-to-day support needs. Strong leadership, team management, customer service, proactive mentality, and a high sense of ownership are critical.
- Instill a disciplined and service-oriented approach to all work the IT/Support team completes
- Practice positive interactions - lean on encouragement in place of judgment
- Participate in the recruitment, evaluation, corrective action, and professional development of your team
- Set employee objectives, monitor and evaluate performance, and provide feedback and mentoring
- Prioritize and delegate incidents and project work to the Help Desk team
- Develop and document new processes and initiatives to improve the efficiency and shape the direction of the IT/Support
- Develop and maintain a work schedule with full coverage during business operating hours including time off coverage and holiday schedules.
- Create and maintain a positive working relationship within the IT and end user communities
- Impresses responsibility on others by displaying ownership in tasks
- Maintain a daily schedule that keeps the Help Desk at a functioning level with regards to team members’ PTO and sick time
- Provide technical support, as needed, to end users
- Monitor and measure the quality of the Customer Service delivered by the Help Desk
- Communicate effectively with both novice and proficient end users
- Maintain a professional demeanor and positively represent The RealReal in all end user interactions
- Advocate for the interests of end users within internal IT communications and meetings
- Deliver basic instructions and training for all supported applications and hardware
- Develop, document, and manage processes needed to keep the Support team operating at a highly effective and satisfactory level
Application and Desktop Support
- Administer user accounts through Okta, Active Directory, Google Workspace, etc. as well as other proprietary TRR applications for all on/off-boarding and position change requests
- Support a Mac and PC environment
- Work closely with the other IT teams to confirm production defects and identify alternative solutions
- Maintain, troubleshoot and support all TRR hardware and applications including occasional imaging and workstation setup
- Facilitate the Problem Management process by obtaining and communicating problem details through the proper escalation channels with appropriate urgency
- Maintain and audit software and hardware inventory
- Availability to participate on a 24x7 basis to support emergency IT needs.
What You Bring To The Role
- Experience with one scripting language and task automation
- 1-3+ years' experience supervising/managing a corporate IT team and direct experience performing day-to-day IT support
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage and build IT teams
- Extensive experience managing Mac in a corporate environment
- Experience supporting Windows workstations/servers
- Knowledge of networking
- Experience managing budgets, vendors, and purchasing
- A strong customer service focus
- Knowledge of computer security and best practice
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related discipline preferred, or equivalent work experience
- Admin experience with Zendesk/Okta/Jamf Pro
- Ability to travel
Want to learn more about our team at The RealReal? Check out our Technology & Product Blog!
GHR6130 #LI-KC41 #LI-Onsite
The RealReal is the world’s largest online marketplace for authenticated, resale luxury goods, with more than 20 million members. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe and reliable platform for consumers to buy and sell their luxury items. We have hundreds of in-house gemologists, horologists and brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by thousands of brands across numerous categories—including women's and men's fashion, fine jewelry and watches, art and home—in support of the circular economy. We make selling effortless with free virtual appointments, in-home pickup, drop-off and direct shipping. We do all of the work for consignors, including authenticating, using AI and machine learning to determine optimal pricing, photographing and listing their items, as well as handling shipping and customer service. At our 13 retail locations, including our eight shoppable stores, customers can sell, meet with our experts and receive free valuations.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records. At TRR, People Come First. That’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our Diversity Equity and Inclusion program here.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.