The FJW Quality Control Associate supports the Fine Jewelry and Watch department through high volume, thorough review of listings for accuracy and confirmation of authenticity and price; teaching of authentication, pricing methodology and standards. They are responsible for providing in the moment feedback, creating a safe space and building confidence in the team. In their day to day interactions they must echo The Real Real’s values and standards. Counseling on content, best practices, and brand-specific needs; the role demands inventive problem solving and excellent interpersonal skills.
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Perform high volume QC and maintain daily metrics
- Support and develop FJW Specialist new hires during ramp-up period
- Collect and report data in partnership with the Jewelry Authentication team to provide detailed feedback and propose trainings to the Production Management team
- Support and assist processing authenticity inquiries and returns and maintain metrics
- Uphold and promote the accuracy, consistency and quality of standards and methodologies
- Support in facilitating training sessions
- Aid in the creation of training content
What You Bring To The Role
- Comprehensive understanding and knowledge of jewelry brands, history, design manufacturing, terms, trends, fabrications, tools, secondary market etc.
- Passion for relationship building and guiding the success of others
- Exceptional attention-to-detail and organizational skills
- Adept at working under urgent circumstances and meeting deadlines
- Ability to adapt quickly to business needs
- Training strategies based on QC findings, supports in conducting trainings individually and in group settings
- Comfortable delivering 1:1 feedback
- Upholds and maintains company brand standards
- Works well independently and takes initiative
- Excellent time management skills; ability to prioritize daily tasks and deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as excellent interpersonal skills
- Solid analytical skills; Knowledgeable in Google Sheets/Excel
- 1+ years jewelry industry experience required
- GIA Diamond Graduate diploma or equivalent experience required; Graduate Gemology diploma preferred
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university preferred
GHR6060 #LI-SB28 #LI-Onsite
The RealReal is the world’s largest online marketplace for authenticated, resale luxury goods, with more than 20 million members. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe and reliable platform for consumers to buy and sell their luxury items. We have hundreds of in-house gemologists, horologists and brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by thousands of brands across numerous categories—including women's and men's fashion, fine jewelry and watches, art and home—in support of the circular economy. We make selling effortless with free virtual appointments, in-home pickup, drop-off and direct shipping. We do all of the work for consignors, including authenticating, using AI and machine learning to determine optimal pricing, photographing and listing their items, as well as handling shipping and customer service. At our 13 retail locations, including our eight shoppable stores, customers can sell, meet with our experts and receive free valuations.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records. At TRR, People Come First. That’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our Diversity Equity and Inclusion program here.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.