For the Associate Specialist role we seek a candidate with a positive attitude who is excited about the Home industry. This position entails reviewing, authenticating and pricing items in a timely manner while working independently and part of a team.
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Analyze market data and price evaluation of merchandise based on retail value, condition, and style
- Compare consigned products with past sales data available at the backend of The RealReal system to optimize pricing strategy
- Evaluate the advantages and constraints of merchandise data, performing sell-through analysis by channel and SKU to develop current pricing pipeline
- Research and analyze available business data set, assessing the current market demand of merchandises and strategizing the merchandises’ values
- Aggregate MSRP (Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price) from online sources, integrating the pricing percentage of merchandise in relation to its MSRP through the in-depth and updated pricing tool
- Collaborate in a team setting to develop analytical solutions on merchandise through identifying nuances in data for business optimization and improving data quality
- Inspect consigned luxury products for condition issues (Quality Control)
- Highlight issues to Specialists and Authentication Manager when consigned products are authenticity questionable or have construction flaws
- Write informative product descriptions using industry standard art and home decor terms
What You Bring To The Role
- In-depth Home knowledge.
- Art and Design related degree preferred. Undergraduate degree required. Master’s Degree a plus!
- Someone who works well independently but also has the ability to be a part of a team environment.
- Understands specific pricing trends for the Home category.
- Detail oriented.
- Great time management skills.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize daily tasks
GHR6007 #LI-NC42 #LI-Onsite
The RealReal is the world’s largest online marketplace for authenticated, resale luxury goods, with more than 20 million members. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe and reliable platform for consumers to buy and sell their luxury items. We have hundreds of in-house gemologists, horologists and brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by thousands of brands across numerous categories—including women's and men's fashion, fine jewelry and watches, art and home—in support of the circular economy. We make selling effortless with free virtual appointments, in-home pickup, drop-off and direct shipping. We do all of the work for consignors, including authenticating, using AI and machine learning to determine optimal pricing, photographing and listing their items, as well as handling shipping and customer service. At our 13 retail locations, including our eight shoppable stores, customers can sell, meet with our experts and receive free valuations.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records. At TRR, People Come First. That’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our Diversity Equity and Inclusion program here.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.