The goal of the Associate Valuation Manager, Handbags and Fashion is to provide accurate pricing and an exceptional consignor experience, while facilitating price requests and remote appointments. This position will report to the Lead Manager, Valuations Team and should be a fashion expert, with a foremost knowledge of all luxury designers, including but not limited to the history of brands, iconic styles, and current fashion trends.
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Facilitate all Valuation appointments, working with clients to provide a relaxed non-contentious experience that educates them on the value of their items in our marketplace
- Conduct real-time valuations and authentication for fashion items, using a wide array of industry specific tools
- Provide pre-consignment pricing services to consignors and sales team members per direction of Luxury Consignment Office
- Maintain strong understanding of pricing trends and the sell thru velocity of fashion items in our marketplace by working with the Pricing and Authentication teams
- Accountable for the sell thru and velocity of product they have priced personally
- Accountable for the conversion rate of appointments to consignments
- Work with Store Manager to understand customer needs and stay current with in-store operations
- Handle all other requests as necessary to support the Luxury Consignment Office and Retail Store as determined by Senior Manager, Valuations Team.
What You Bring To The Role
- Open to regional travel
- Ability to quickly and accurately identify fashion pieces and apply internal pricing tools/methodology to determine the optimal resale price
- Passion for delivering a luxury experience each and every day
- High level of compassion for appointments requiring sensitive interpersonal dialogue
- Polished, professional presentation skills
- A high degree of business acumen, sophistication, and the ability to quickly establish trust with consignors
- Ability to handle multiple complex, time sensitive situations while remaining calm, cool and collected
- Effective communicator (both verbal and written)
- Detail oriented and ability to conduct research thoroughly
- Two-year degree from accredited college or university preferred
- 2+ years experience working in the luxury space in a customer facing role
- Team player able to work effectively and collaboratively across all departments to meet goals and deadlines
- Experience in sales and the luxury resale market a plus.
GHR5882 #LI-ES30 #LI-Onsite
The RealReal is the world’s largest online marketplace for authenticated, resale luxury goods, with more than 20 million members. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe and reliable platform for consumers to buy and sell their luxury items. We have hundreds of in-house gemologists, horologists and brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by thousands of brands across numerous categories—including women's and men's fashion, fine jewelry and watches, art and home—in support of the circular economy. We make selling effortless with free virtual appointments, in-home pickup, drop-off and direct shipping. We do all of the work for consignors, including authenticating, using AI and machine learning to determine optimal pricing, photographing and listing their items, as well as handling shipping and customer service. At our 13 retail locations, including our eight shoppable stores, customers can sell, meet with our experts and receive free valuations.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.