The Loss Prevention Specialist is a full-time hourly employee reporting directly to the Loss Prevention Leadership team. This role will be responsible for assisting with all aspects of Loss Prevention, investigations, physical security, and safety for The RealReal’s Authentication Center
What You Get To Do Every Day
- This position is the first point of contact between Loss Prevention and all TRR employees, therefore strong customer service skills and a friendly, professional attitude are essential.
- This position will service the main entrance the majority of the time as well as securing the building.
- This position serves a multi-purpose function including building security, shortage control, auditing, conflict resolution, inventory, and many other duties as assigned by the Loss Prevention Leadership team.
- This position will assist with daily video reviews, high value investigations, and various other special projects in support of the Loss Prevention and Operations Team.
- This position will conduct multiple daily, weekly, and monthly Authentication Center audits to ensure shortage control, safety, and all other Loss Prevention policies and procedures are being adhered to.
- This position may require you to support off-site functions such as photo shoots, private showings, events, etc. Event schedules are both during regular business hours and off hours.
- The candidate should have the ability to sit/stand for extended periods of time.
- The ability to be able to communicate and execute security protocols i.e. bag checks, badge enforcement, metal detector/wanding, parking lot control, merchandise check in/out procedures, etc.
- The candidate should have the ability to handle and identify any security/safety related issues.
- The position requires a full flex open availability with the expectation of working evenings and weekends as needed.
What You Bring To The Role
- Strong customer service skills.
- A professional appearance and demeanor.
- Be self-motivated.
- Ability to write and communicate in a professional manner.
- Understanding of high-end retail and brands.
- Ability to lift and move 50lbs of merchandise and supplies.
- 2 years of Loss Prevention or Security is preferred.
- Ability to use Google Docs, Sheets, and Gmail.
- Proficient in utilizing CCTV.
GHR5878 #LI-MY35 #LI-Onsite
The RealReal is the world’s largest online marketplace for authenticated, resale luxury goods, with more than 20 million members. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe and reliable platform for consumers to buy and sell their luxury items. We have hundreds of in-house gemologists, horologists and brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by thousands of brands across numerous categories—including women's and men's fashion, fine jewelry and watches, art and home—in support of the circular economy. We make selling effortless with free virtual appointments, in-home pickup, drop-off and direct shipping. We do all of the work for consignors, including authenticating, using AI and machine learning to determine optimal pricing, photographing and listing their items, as well as handling shipping and customer service. At our 13 retail locations, including our eight shoppable stores, customers can sell, meet with our experts and receive free valuations.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.