The Manager of Fine Jewelry and Watch Production at The RealReal will oversee inbound operations for one or multiple locations, from authentication through pricing and cataloging, while ensuring quality, productivity and our consignor service level agreements. You will be deeply-rooted in all e-commerce center functions. You are a leader and collaborator who identifies opportunities, strives for business success and develops achievable strategies. You will manage a high-growth department; training, motivating and inspiring a team of Fine Jewelry and Watch Specialists and Copywriters. This role will report to the Senior Manager of Production.
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Hire and train top talent and manage the necessary staffing levels to support workflow and growth; foster an internal and external pipeline
- Create an environment that ensures a high level of employee engagement and accountability; set clear expectations; motivate, develop and coach team; manage performance and review cycle
- Partner with Jewelry Authentication and Gemology to develop talent, maximize team potential and create a more flexible workforce through cross-training
- Implement strategies and cultural/educational incentives that commit to providing a positive, safe work experience for our team and support The RealReal mission
- Maintain administrative duties, i.e. payroll processing, attendance tracking, new hire onboarding
- Establish goals that align with and promote Company quality and Consignor and Customer expectations and hold the team accountable. Aim to meet or exceed Consignor and Customer expectations by providing outstanding service
- Set targets and metrics, monitor and report on daily performance to ensure quality and productivity goals are achieved and the smooth resolution of exceptions; anticipate and manage pipeline and product flow accordingly
What You Bring To The Role
- 5+ years management experience; production environment or e-commerce experience preferred ● Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university required; concentration in management and/or business preferred
- Solid analytical skills
- Knowledge of business or warehouse software
- Proven problem solving skills with a strong commitment to action
- The capability to handle ambiguity and be flexible to changing needs and priorities
- The ability to prioritize multiple time-sensitive tasks and/or escalate issues .Demonstrated ability to self start and manage people with organizational effectiveness to maximize
GHR5721 #LI-SB28 #LI-Onsite
The RealReal is the world’s largest online marketplace for authenticated, resale luxury goods, with more than 20 million members. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe and reliable platform for consumers to buy and sell their luxury items. We have hundreds of in-house gemologists, horologists and brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by thousands of brands across numerous categories—including women's and men's fashion, fine jewelry and watches, art and home—in support of the circular economy. We make selling effortless with free virtual appointments, in-home pickup, drop-off and direct shipping. We do all of the work for consignors, including authenticating, using AI and machine learning to determine optimal pricing, photographing and listing their items, as well as handling shipping and customer service. At our 13 retail locations, including our eight shoppable stores, customers can sell, meet with our experts and receive free valuations.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.