The Finance Manager – Sales and Marketing supports our the supply and demand drivers on both sides of the marketplace. The scope of this role includes managing the cadenced short-term and long-range planning, performance and variance analysis, investment ROI/rationalization, and ad hoc strategic support. This role reports into the VP, Finance and will partner closely with executive leadership on the health of the Sales, Marketing, and Merchandising function. They will need to be comfortable working in a fast paced environment and driving solutions through action.
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Act as a strategic thought partner to functional leaders to navigate and rationalize strategic decisions and the financial impact across the P&L
- Build a wholistic, connected supply and demand model that ties multi-variable assumptions across multiple input owners
- Own the Sales, Marketing, and Merchandising operating expense budgets and the related analysis and forecasting
- Work with Sales leadership to develop commission plans to drive effective and financially productive commission plans
- Track and report the “so-what” of variances to budget to drive accountability and push towards action going looking forward.
- Knows appropriate audience prior to communicating or expressing thoughts through an accurate communication method. Actively listen and comprehend information to keep others adequately informed.
- Balance individual and team responsibilities, remaining open to other’s point of views. Incorporate feedback and provide feedback in a way that enhances performance. Operate with a positive perspective, putting success of the team above individual interests.
- Understand business implications of decisions; displays orientation to profitability; demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; aligns work with strategic goals.
- Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; analyzes market and competition; identifies external threats and opportunities; adapts strategy to changing conditions.
What You Bring To The Role
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Finance, Economics, or Mathematics
- 5-8 years of work experience, preferably in Finance at a high-growth startup, investment banking, or established retail or marketplace business
- Advanced Excel modeling – you have built and can talk through impactful examples
- NetSuite, Adaptive Planning and/or Looker experience is a plus
- Strong written and spoken communication skills; ability to connect with team members and convey technical financial information to non-financial professionals
- Ability to work collaboratively across different functions and diverse personalities
- Desire to work in a fast paced and rapidly changing environment
- Motivated to drive efficiency across process – “we can do this better/faster”
GHR5699 #LI-MR17 #LI-Hybrid
The RealReal is the world’s largest online marketplace for authenticated, resale luxury goods, with more than 20 million members. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe and reliable platform for consumers to buy and sell their luxury items. We have hundreds of in-house gemologists, horologists and brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by thousands of brands across numerous categories—including women's and men's fashion, fine jewelry and watches, art and home—in support of the circular economy. We make selling effortless with free virtual appointments, in-home pickup, drop-off and direct shipping. We do all of the work for consignors, including authenticating, using AI and machine learning to determine optimal pricing, photographing and listing their items, as well as handling shipping and customer service. At our 13 retail locations, including our eight shoppable stores, customers can sell, meet with our experts and receive free valuations.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.