The RealReal is seeking self-driven individuals with excellent communication and interpersonal skills to join our team. As a Business Development Representative you will have the ability to work autonomously in an ever-evolving environment with a creative approach to problem solve. You will have passion for the brand and be able to build trust with prospects and customers.
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Call and makes initial contact with prospects; determines or enhances prospect’s level of interest in TRR
- Qualify and nurture leads through well planned and executed efforts
- Develop and nurture leads through regular communication via phone and email; responds to inbound sales inquiries from prospective clients
- Evaluate prospects against established criteria; routes prospects to the appropriate sales channel
- Works with Marketing and Sales teammates to develop new ways of building potential business
- Prioritize competing day-to-day activities to ensure that all management objectives are met
- Manage and track leads using CRM systems while maintaining accurate and up-to-date records
- Distill the essence of our service in easy-to-understand terms and communicate to various prospective clients The RealReal’s value proposition
- Must be able to work one weekend day (Saturday or Sunday)
What You Bring To The Role
- Great phone demeanor and professionalism
- Ability to communicate clearly, listen thoroughly and respond quickly. Must be familiar with the fashion and Luxury marketplace
- Possesses a strong attention to detail
- Organized and punctual
- Able to think quickly on their feet and respond to prospect rebuttals
- Great computer skills and written skills
- Ability to function in high velocity iterative environment
- Ability to achieve and maintain individual goals
- Exercises great team work and enthusiasm
- Executes excellent communication and listening skills
- Ability to report results on a regular basis
- Ability to work within the appropriate level of independence
- Bachelor’s Degree or similar experience
GHR5644 #LI-SM50 #LI-Hybrid
The RealReal is the world’s largest online marketplace for authenticated, resale luxury goods, with more than 20 million members. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe and reliable platform for consumers to buy and sell their luxury items. We have hundreds of in-house gemologists, horologists and brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by thousands of brands across numerous categories—including women's and men's fashion, fine jewelry and watches, art and home—in support of the circular economy. We make selling effortless with free virtual appointments, in-home pickup, drop-off and direct shipping. We do all of the work for consignors, including authenticating, using AI and machine learning to determine optimal pricing, photographing and listing their items, as well as handling shipping and customer service. At our 13 retail locations, including our eight shoppable stores, customers can sell, meet with our experts and receive free valuations.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.