As our Senior Program & Portfolio Manager at The RealReal, you will be responsible for delivering on the digital roadmap. You will work in a fast-paced environment collaborating with product, engineering, design and cross-functional teams to deliver the roadmap. You will help plan, build, and execute on programs that drive business growth. You will help the organization make the right technology investment decisions, oversee our portfolio delivery and improve the productivity of our team. To be successful, you would need to be a self- starter with a strong bias for action, highly collaborative, able to influence and have a high level of comfort in ambiguity.
What you get to do everyday.
- Partner with the Head of Product to oversee the portfolio priorities, capacity, velocity and ways of working
- Help drive the roadmap alongside Product and Engineering leadership
- Lead program management for long range, annual planning, and quarterly planning across Product & Technology
- Collaboratively build and maintain program plans along with Product and Engineering managers
- Drive alignment across multiple teams around scope and timeline
- Manage blockers, risks, and dependencies
- Communicate weekly/biweekly status update on the programs/projects
- Improve productivity over time, and drive agile/scrum methodologies across the organization
- Present at Leadership Team/Steering committee on the progress and status of the programs/projects
What you bring to the Role
- 6-8+ years of work experience as a technical program manager in software development / deployment environments
- Passion for technical excellence while building great customer experience for both sides of the marketplace
- Proven project / program management experience involving many cross functional teams
- Collaboration skills - able to work well with many different types of personalities in various functions
- Excellent communication skills - ability to communicate, document, and present complex technical issues in a concise and efficient manner for a variety of audiences
- Experienced and confident in creating slides and presenting to executives
- Effective listening skills and comfortable asking questions and presenting alternate viewpoints
- Strong leadership skills with ability to influence and motivate without authority
- Strong organization and facilitation skills to lead/drive projects
- Excellent negotiation and conflict management skills
- Strong writing skills, with a casual and confident tone
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Information Systems or related fields
Want to learn more about our team at The RealReal? Check out our Technology & Product Blog!
** This position can be remote anywhere in the U.S. or located in our SF HQ **
GHR5574 #LI-PP10 #LI-Remote
The RealReal is the world’s largest online marketplace for authenticated, resale luxury goods, with more than 20 million members. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe and reliable platform for consumers to buy and sell their luxury items. We have hundreds of in-house gemologists, horologists and brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by thousands of brands across numerous categories—including women's and men's fashion, fine jewelry and watches, art and home—in support of the circular economy. We make selling effortless with free virtual appointments, in-home pickup, drop-off and direct shipping. We do all of the work for consignors, including authenticating, using AI and machine learning to determine optimal pricing, photographing and listing their items, as well as handling shipping and customer service. At our 13 retail locations, including our eight shoppable stores, customers can sell, meet with our experts and receive free valuations.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.