The RealReal (TRR) is the largest marketplace in luxury resale, engaging 23+ millions global members in the circular economy, helping create a more sustainable future for luxury goods. At TRR, we are working on revolutionizing resale where technology plays a central role in advancing the personalization, automation and operations of our products and processes.
We are looking for a Senior Machine Learning Engineer to join our team. The ideal candidate will drive technical rigor through analytical thinking and ML solutions for personalizing the user-facing products for the millions of buyers and sellers who use TRR’s online platform. Personalization and discoverability are key strategic investments for TRR to facilitate the best experience for its users.
We are looking for someone who finds passion in building multi-modal recommendation engines among other personalization ML solutions to better target our existing and new users.
*** This position is open to being remote anywhere in the U.S. ***
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Owns the full end-to-end ML lifecycle of the AI product for a medium to high complexity efforts.
- Designs, tests and deploys ML modeling solutions that best solve the business problem and executes on tasks independently with minimal direction
- Strategic and analytical thinker who is hypothesis-driven and uses data and sound judgment for learning and executing quickly
- Has strong communication and presentation skills: can describe ML understanding of the area to technical and non-technical audiences
- Collaborates effectively with management, product, business, engineering and other partners and stakeholders in the development of product
- Drives partner team consensus on the objectives and goals of the area
- Contributes to fostering team culture and community.
What You Bring To The Role
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or relevant technical field
- 4+ years of hands-on experience in programming languages (i.e., Python, Java, C++)
- 2+ years experience in one or more of the following areas (i.e., recommendation engines, ML optimization, NLP, computer vision)
- 2+ years of experience with relational database querying languages (i.e., SQL)
- High degree of familiarity with Sklearn, Tensorflow/Keras, Pytorch libraries
- Experience productionalizing ML products and shipping them to millions of users
- Experience with cloud technologies (i.e., GCP)
Want to learn more about our team at The RealReal? Check out our Technology & Product Blog!
GHR5472 #LI-MP48 #LI-Remote
The RealReal is the world’s largest online marketplace for authenticated, resale luxury goods, with more than 20 million members. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe and reliable platform for consumers to buy and sell their luxury items. We have hundreds of in-house gemologists, horologists and brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by thousands of brands across numerous categories—including women's and men's fashion, fine jewelry and watches, art and home—in support of the circular economy. We make selling effortless with free virtual appointments, in-home pickup, drop-off and direct shipping. We do all of the work for consignors, including authenticating, using AI and machine learning to determine optimal pricing, photographing and listing their items, as well as handling shipping and customer service. At our 13 retail locations, including our eight shoppable stores, customers can sell, meet with our experts and receive free valuations.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.