We are looking for a technically skilled candidate with strong problem-solving abilities to join our team as an IT Helpdesk Technician. This role is located in Secaucus, NJ and will report to the Associate IT Director.
As our Helpdesk Technician you will provide first level troubleshooting support for a variety of technical computing support issues while ensuring the highest-level customer service. This role provides day to day support for application, hardware, and networking issues for our growing company, The RealReal. You will have the opportunity to tap into your interpersonal skills as you interact with colleagues from various departments and executive levels. You will listen to their technical needs, understand their problems, and implement technical solutions - helping our employees thrive in their daily work and giving them a positive experience.
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Take ownership of existing end user device and HelpDesk duties
- Respond to the daily queue of helpdesk requests in a timely and efficient manner
- Perform on/off boarding of employees
- Deploy equipment for new employees
- Manage, update, and maintain records in the asset management tool
- Create, add, and modify accounts and services across our various platforms
- Hardware/software upgrades on laptops and desktops
- Provide basic end user training for hardware and software
- Maintain Audio/Video and conferencing equipment
- Manage hardware inventory as assigned
- General data entry duties
What You Bring To The Role
- 1-3+ years of experience in related IT tasks
- Knowledge and experience supporting, troubleshooting, and configuring Apple Mac Hardware and PC Hardware, iphones, ipads, android phones, and tablets
- Experience with Mac OS X, Windows OS, iOS, Google G-Suite, Office 365
- End-User desktop support, mobile device support, email support, phone support
- Excellent communicator, able to speak to end users positively and explain technical detail in a manner they can understand
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a fast-paced, iterative, deadline-driven environment
- Anti-Virus solutions
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and meet established deadlines
Nice to Haves
- Active Directory and other LDAP based directory services
- Mobile Device Management Tools (Jamf, inTune)
- Networking principles (DHCP, DNS, SSID)
- Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Lightroom
- If you don’t have prior exposure to any of these, we have resources to help learn!
Want to learn more about our team at The RealReal? Check out our Technology & Product Blog!
GHR5409 #LI-KC41 #LI-Onsite
The RealReal is the world’s largest online marketplace for authenticated, resale luxury goods, with more than 20 million members. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe and reliable platform for consumers to buy and sell their luxury items. We have hundreds of in-house gemologists, horologists and brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by thousands of brands across numerous categories—including women's and men's fashion, fine jewelry and watches, art and home—in support of the circular economy. We make selling effortless with free virtual appointments, in-home pickup, drop-off and direct shipping. We do all of the work for consignors, including authenticating, using AI and machine learning to determine optimal pricing, photographing and listing their items, as well as handling shipping and customer service. At our 13 retail locations, including our eight shoppable stores, customers can sell, meet with our experts and receive free valuations.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.