As our Senior Manager, Merch Analytics you will deliver insights using quantitative data to support our merchandising business here at The RealReal. You will partner closely with pricing, category management, product, engineering, and finance teams working with nearly all aspects of our growing business. Your mission is to understand and find balance in supply and demand, provide clarity of business performance, identify growth opportunities, and drive alignment to focus on the most impactful areas for our company. This role requires hands-on experience and the ability to design, guide, and complete enterprise scale and strategic level of analyses.
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Quantify and understand current inventory and forecast near term supply.
- Measure demand signals using first party data including transactional and behavior data.
- Manage team for pricing analytics as a lever to optimize business outcomes.
- Support merchandise strategy by providing relevant and high quality insights. Partner with business owners to ensure the implementation of the strategy and its success.
- Work with other analytics team members to leverage team synergy and ensure consistency.
- Become the knowledge center. You will manage your learning agenda to identify and gather relevant data, accumulate insights, and provide recommendations for operational excellence
What You Bring To The Role
- 7+ years of experience in analytics that is focused on first-party data
- 5+ years of experience in business analytics
- Proven track record of owning and defining framework for domain analytics
- Expert in query languages such as SQL
- Strong experience with designing, implementing, providing and interpreting results of A/B testing or causal inference models
- Proven ability of delivering high complexity analytics projects involving methodology development, analysis, strategic recommendations, and presentation of the findings
- Bachelor’s degree in business or quantitative majors
- Experience in two-sided marketplace highly preferred
GHR5329 #LI-PP10 #LI-Remote
The RealReal is the world’s largest online marketplace for authenticated, resale luxury goods, with more than 20 million members. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe and reliable platform for consumers to buy and sell their luxury items. We have hundreds of in-house gemologists, horologists and brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by thousands of brands across numerous categories—including women's and men's fashion, fine jewelry and watches, art and home—in support of the circular economy. We make selling effortless with free virtual appointments, in-home pickup, drop-off and direct shipping. We do all of the work for consignors, including authenticating, using AI and machine learning to determine optimal pricing, photographing and listing their items, as well as handling shipping and customer service. At our 13 retail locations, including our eight shoppable stores, customers can sell, meet with our experts and receive free valuations.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.