This position reports directly to the Loss Prevention Manager and will assist in overseeing the store. This role requires flexibility to cover all locations as needed which will include nights and weekends.
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Willingness to stand for long periods and greet customers at the front doors, as well as in store, and set the expectation of excellence that the customer is going to experience while in our stores.
- Collaborate with Sales Office and Luxury Consignment Office leadership to mitigate loss.
- Responsible for physical security of the building as a key holder.
- Conduct and support all internal and external investigations and bring to closure.
- Develop and manage safety and security processes and procedures, including business continuity plans.
- Develop and manage loss prevention processes and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with applicable local, state, and federal laws.
- Work closely with the entire leadership team of The RealReal to help support total business needs and Loss Prevention initiatives.
- Help lead weekly inventory cycle count and partner with inventory operations to reconcile inventory variances.
- Lead daily/weekly/monthly audits in locations surrounding building security, inventory control, compliance, and awareness.
- Assist with all functions of the business including store objectives.
What You Bring To The Role
- 2+ years of Loss Prevention retail experience
- Ability to work well with all levels of management within the company
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and be a self-starter
- Strong understanding of physical security including CCTV, EAS, alarms, access control, and lock and key
- Strong leadership and team building experience
- Very organized and ability to adapt to shifting priorities
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to respond to alarm company calls and be available after hours.
- Ability to cover the Palm Beach area location.
GHR5203 #LI-KR50 #LI-Onsite
The RealReal is the world’s largest online marketplace for authenticated, resale luxury goods, with more than 20 million members. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe and reliable platform for consumers to buy and sell their luxury items. We have hundreds of in-house gemologists, horologists and brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by thousands of brands across numerous categories—including women's and men's fashion, fine jewelry and watches, art and home—in support of the circular economy. We make selling effortless with free virtual appointments, in-home pickup, drop-off and direct shipping. We do all of the work for consignors, including authenticating, using AI and machine learning to determine optimal pricing, photographing and listing their items, as well as handling shipping and customer service. At our 13 retail locations, including our eight shoppable stores, customers can sell, meet with our experts and receive free valuations.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.