The Authentication Assistant Manager is a managerial role, who will oversee the development of the Authentication team and track the continued progress of the Authenticators productivity, quality metrics and authentication standards.
What You Get To Do Every Day
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage a team of 15-20 direct reports.
- Analyze Looker reports to determine areas of opportunity in driving results.
- Partner with Manager/Training Manager to ensure all quality measurables are met.
- Accurately identify training and cross-training needs.
- Maintain SLA standards and consistently work in FIFO.
- Ensure goal attainment is reached within UPH, U/E and production.
- Maintain authentication standards at all times and provide coaching opportunities when necessary.
- Work closely with Manager to implement and maintain SOPs and policies.
- Responsible for maintaining staffing levels and working to fill open roles.
- Maintain positive team culture through recognition and reward.
Management & Communication:
- Attend all Authentication meetings.
- Communicate all critical initiatives and strategies to team and managers
- Actively participate in Daily Huddles
- Assist with communicating necessary disciplinary measures.
- Build and maintain effective interdepartmental relationships.
- Key point of contact for Workday
- Track attendance policy
- Review and approve PTO/VTO/UTO requests
- Ensure proper Cost Codes are utilized.
- Approve time cards & submit payroll
- Update and maintain team calendar
Training & Team Building Tasks:
- Assist with onboarding new hires, partnering closely with the Manager and training team.
- Maintain and produce positive influences on team culture.
- Facilitate touch bases on a weekly basis.
- Facilitate quarterly / monthly REAL talks.
Reporting Analysis & Projects:
- Analyze weekly Looker reports and QC results; address areas of opportunity.
- Oversee and conduct bi-weekly accountabilities
- Some holidays and weekends may be required
- Early & late hours required
What You Bring To The Role
- Highly motivated, dependable and proactive
- Able to lead by example
- Great time management skills and ability to prioritize daily tasks
- Able to work independently but has the ability to manage a large group in a team environment
- Strong communication skills
- ‘Can-do’ attitude
- Solution minded and detail oriented
- Thorough understanding of TRR and copywriting department protocols and procedures
- Comfortable with Excel/Google Sheets
GHR4986 #LI-SB28 #LI-Onsite
The RealReal is the world’s largest online marketplace for authenticated, resale luxury goods, with more than 20 million members. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe and reliable platform for consumers to buy and sell their luxury items. We have hundreds of in-house gemologists, horologists and brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by thousands of brands across numerous categories—including women's and men's fashion, fine jewelry and watches, art and home—in support of the circular economy. We make selling effortless with free virtual appointments, in-home pickup, drop-off and direct shipping. We do all of the work for consignors, including authenticating, using AI and machine learning to determine optimal pricing, photographing and listing their items, as well as handling shipping and customer service. At our 13 retail locations, including our eight shoppable stores, customers can sell, meet with our experts and receive free valuations.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records. At TRR, People Come First. That’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our Diversity Equity and Inclusion program here.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.