Join our growing company as our HR People Resource Coordinator and help facilitate the human resource processes by providing administrative support and partnering closely with the HR Business Partner (HRBP) to ensure excellent customer service is provided to our employees. As our HR Coordinator, you will be front and center for all new hire orientations as well as interesting project work for our business. You will work with all the HR Teams in our Distribution / eCommerce Centers, as well as the entire People team for The RealReal.
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Manage new hire onboarding process from Welcome Email to HRIS setup
- Own and conduct new-hire orientations
- Ensure compliance with USCIS Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification; conduct periodic audits
- Support the recruitment/hiring process by creating offer letters and running background checks
- Work with Payroll team to ensure new hires are paid according to their start dates, receive any relocation/signing bonuses, and are set up correctly
- Process employee status changes/updates in HRIS in a timely manner
- Perform customer service functions by responding to internal HR related inquiries or requests
- Provide backup support for off-boarding and termination actions
- Continuously look for better ways to do things, partner with HR Ops peers and other teams to improve processes, and educate partners on our processes
What You Bring To The Role
- Experience as an HR coordinator or relevant Human Resources administrative position
- High level of proficiency in Google business platform, Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience with HR databases and HRIS systems, such as Workday
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive employee information with strict adherence to confidentiality protocols
- Detail oriented, strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team and on self-directed tasks to meet deadlines
- Ability to adapt to shifting priorities while maintaining a primary focus on core responsibilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, or related field preferred
- Bilingual in Spanish / English preferred
GHR4893 #LI-ES31 #LI-Onsite
The RealReal is the world’s largest online marketplace for authenticated, resale luxury goods, with more than 20 million members. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe and reliable platform for consumers to buy and sell their luxury items. We have hundreds of in-house gemologists, horologists and brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by thousands of brands across numerous categories—including women's and men's fashion, fine jewelry and watches, art and home—in support of the circular economy. We make selling effortless with free virtual appointments, in-home pickup, drop-off and direct shipping. We do all of the work for consignors, including authenticating, using AI and machine learning to determine optimal pricing, photographing and listing their items, as well as handling shipping and customer service. At our 13 retail locations, including our eight shoppable stores, customers can sell, meet with our experts and receive free valuations.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.