As a member of the Authentication team this position requires daily review of multiple luxury goods. Attention to detail is paramount as The RealReal has the most rigorous authentication process in the marketplace. Quick utilization of resources, expert communication skills, a keen memory, and knowledge of current industry trends and brand pricing are requisites.
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Locate brand identifiers such as holograms, date codes, authenticity cards and hallmarks
- Evaluate quality of materials and construction
- Research items to determine style, name, season, and Retail price
- Notate and report details of item assessment
- Price Luxury/Marquis/Special items based on Price Range Tool and databases
- Adhere to acceptance and condition standards
- Provide assistance and coaching for LMs, CR/CS, and Receivers
- Review sales daily to make sure the best titles, descriptions, and copy is used, items are priced correctly and images are compliant with standards
- Executes with high attention to detail; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; seeks feedback to improve performance; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
- Competent in required job skills and knowledge; exhibits ability to learn and apply new skills; keeps abreast of current developments; requires minimal supervision; displays understanding of how the job relates to others; uses resources effectively.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
- Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Understands business implications of decisions; displays orientation to profitability; demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; aligns work with strategic goals; possess a positive attitude towards collaboration, and takes initiative with a “can do attitude” to ensure company daily goals are met.
- Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in decision-making process; makes timely decisions.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Meets productivity standards; completes work in a timely manner; strives to increase productivity; works quickly.
What You Bring To The Role
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; or 1 to 2 years related experience and/or training in high-end retail merchandising in Women's fashion; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Understanding of high-end fashion terms, luxury and contemporary designers and strong interest in fashion is a must. Must possess current knowledge on trending fashion and a trained eye for luxury product aesthetic.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Flexibility in schedule and ability to work in a fast paced environment and willingness to solve problems as they arise in a professional and collaborative manner. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of web browsers and Microsoft Office.
- Any physical duty or travel requirements
- If the information cannot be easily measured, it must be listed as “highly preferred.” (i.e. “previous experience in retail environments highly preferred” or “demonstrated ability to excel in a demanding environment with multiple priorities highly preferred.”)
The RealReal is the world’s largest online marketplace for authenticated, resale luxury goods, with more than 20 million members. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe and reliable platform for consumers to buy and sell their luxury items. We have hundreds of in-house gemologists, horologists and brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by thousands of brands across numerous categories—including women's and men's fashion, fine jewelry and watches, art and home—in support of the circular economy. We make selling effortless with free virtual appointments, in-home pickup, drop-off and direct shipping. We do all of the work for consignors, including authenticating, using AI and machine learning to determine optimal pricing, photographing and listing their items, as well as handling shipping and customer service. At our 13 retail locations, including our eight shoppable stores, customers can sell, meet with our experts and receive free valuations.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal requirements.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. GHR4398