As a Fine Jewelry & Watch Refinisher at The RealReal, you have the opportunity to make an impact from day one. You'll be a key driver of our commitment to authenticity by inspecting products and authenticating luxury fine jewelry & watch merchandise. You're self-driven, goal-oriented, appreciate autonomy and methodology. You will grow in expertise and have numerous opportunities to advance your career. Above all, you embody the TRR culture through collaboration, driving results, and building a future.
Compensation | Benefits | Perks
- Monthly bonus up to $400 pending goal achievement
- $5000 in Stock (RSUs) awarded
- Free lunches & snacks ($100 per month in value)
- 18 days of paid time off (increases after 1st year)
- Monthly team competitions (i.e. cash | prizes | site credit | stock)
- Volunteer time paid (16 hours) & Holiday pay
- Paid training program (40+ hours w/in 6 weeks) with robust career growth
- 401K (with company matching up to $1000)
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Commuter Benefits
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Authenticate luxury fine jewelry & watches
- Inspect consigned luxury products for condition, quality of materials and acceptance standards
- Utilize reference guides and historical data
- Research fair market value and market demand of branded jewelry and watches
- Set list prices for branded and unbranded jewelry with direction and final approval from Team Lead and FJ/W Experts
- Data entry for pertinent product information such as measurements and fabrication
What You Bring To The Role
- 1+ years of fine jewelry and/or watch experience
- GIA Certification (preferred)
- Vision, depth of field perception, magnification, and color perception (Red,Green,Amber)
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Basic computer and data entry skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and high volume environment
- Outstanding work ethic and ability to consistently meet daily department goals
- Excellent organizational & time management skills and acute attention to detail
- Confident communicator who possesses a positive attitude towards collaboration
Offers for qualifying positions in Fine Jewelry and Watch must be extended by 1/24/2022 with a start date of 1/31/2022. Start date is subject to satisfactory clearance of the background check. Company delays to the start date will not impair eligibility for payout. Signing bonus valued at $5000.00 to be paid in three installments. The first $1000.00 will be issued in the pay period of employment. The second installment will be valued at $2,000.00 and will be issued following 3 months of employment. The third payment, valued at $2,000.00, will be issued in the pay period following six months of employment. Bonus is only payable if the employee is in good standing continuously through the date each payment is made. All amounts subject to applicable withholdings and deductions.
These are critical requirements as the position is typically performed. All requirements are within TRR guidelines for health and safety standards. Inability to meet one or more of these requirements will not automatically disqualify a candidate or employee from the position. Upon request for a reasonable accommodation under Americans with Disabilities Act, TRR may be able to adjust or excuse one or more of these requirements, depending on the requirement, the key accountability to which it relates, and the proposed accommodation.
The RealReal is the world’s largest online marketplace for authenticated, consigned luxury goods. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe and reliable platform for consumers to buy and sell their luxury items. We have 150+ in-house gemologists, horologists and brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by hundreds of brands, from Gucci to Cartier, supporting the circular economy. We make consigning effortless with free in-home pickup, drop-off service and direct shipping for individual consignors and estates. At our stores in Brooklyn, Chicago, Los Angeles, New York City, Newport Beach, Palo Alto and San Francisco, customers can shop, consign, and meet with our experts. At our 13 Luxury Consignment Offices, eight of which are in our retail stores, our expert staff provides free valuations. Founded in 2011 and listed publicly in 2019 (Nasdaq: REAL), we’re growing fast and fundamentally changing the way people buy and sell luxury — a multi-billion dollar industry. Build your career with us and enjoy 401K matching, health, dental and vision insurance, commuter flex spending, healthcare flex spending, generous PTO, a mother’s room, and flexible work hours!
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal requirements.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. GH3613